MSU Meeting Agenda: February 6th, 2017
- Presentation of minutes from January 11th, 2017
- Corrections? None
- Report from the MSU Officers
- President—Nadeem El-Kouri
- OrgSync – VOTED AGAINST USING IT
Currently used nationwide and at Loyola undergrad – only as successful if everyone uses it. It also has push capability through mobile devices etc,
Feel free to suggest other solutions!
- Funding for service organizations
Service groups don’t receive MSU funding because MSU funds are strictly allocated for student events – considering the idea of allowing service groups to receive $100 for any intro meetings/food etc costs they need covered (continue to maintain policy of service groups not allocating any MSU funds towards a donation/service)
Concern and decision will be addressed at next meeting
- Student group hand off should happen by April 1st
Highly suggest each organization to create a gmail account and use that as the main hub for all organization documents, list serv, google drive etc to make hand off easier
- All student groups must register (See Student Leadership Handbook)
We would like ALL groups to register – even ones not technically receiving MSU funding so that the MSU webpage can reflect most up to date
- Fundraising notification for all groups
We would like all groups to submit all fundraising ideas through MSU first to make sure there is no overlap between any groups
- Vice-President—Christina Small
- Spring Formal Update
Bulls game 2/14 – sold out of tickets! Please pick up tickets from Tomas! Come with a friend so that you can pick up tickets with seats next to eachother
Formal – sit down dinner, formal attire and cocktail hour, please check Christina’s email for all the info! Your “ticket” will be just your payment confirmation email from Tomas
- Treasurer—Tara Funk
- Presentation of the Budget
- Groups expected to fundraise
- Reminder to turn in all outstanding budget requests, within two weeks please
- Tax Exemption
a)Will not reimburse you for spending money on taxes
b)Hand a tax free form to the institution that you are buying from
- Don’t buy a gift card through a store. If you want to make a gift card purchase, it must go through Tomas and Lakeshore will purchase it and get it to you.
- Must submit ITEMIZED receipts!! If you leave a tip, then I need both the charge receipt and the itemized receipt.
- Secretary—Priya Patel
- Upcoming elections – I will be emailing M1’s next Monday regarding MSU elections, feel free to email any of us current board members if you have any questions about our roles.
- Report from Class Presidents
- M1 –Alyssa Varsanik
Fundraiser – selling valentines ($2) that are all different little gifts, look out for an email from Alyssa regarding this and payment info via Venmo.
Want to do a little thank you to the maintenance – make a “poster” with a little bio about each of the staff and hopefully have it up in the SAC or atrium
- M2 – MitraMossaddad
Next Friday 2/17 – M1/M2 basketball game, start in cafeteria with sign making and pizza, proceed to the game and then go out after!
2/24 TGIF event (M2/M3) – food and drinks at a bar
- M3 – Patrick Kramer
- M4 track selections came out, be sure to contact Student Affairs with any concerns
- We will be asking for course review volunteers in the upcoming days
- The M2 neuro exam review is tomorrow at 6pm, hope to see you all there!
- Stay tuned for the M2/M3 TGIF. We have a tentative date planned for the end of February
- M4 – Lizzy Carroll
- Don’t forget to sign up for Match t-shirts if you haven’t already! Thanks for everyone’s input.
- If you’re interested in helping with Match Day decorations and aren’t on the committee email thread, please email me asap- we have a bunch to work on already
- Look out for an email regarding social plans after Match Day- we’ll be having an event directly afterwards in OP/FP for everyone to attend with their families, and one later that evening downtown
- Get your rank lists in!! Email Mendez or Sonntag with any questions. Remember you have to certify each time you log back in
- We need people to help with the Sub-I and EM clerkship reviews- email me asap if interested
- Reports from OSR Rep – Michelle Peterson and Saad Siddiqui
Email was sent out for Humanism in Medicine award nominations – please send out nominations in the next couple weeks. They will be sending out prior nominations for last year to avoid repeats!
- Reports from Stritch or University Committees
- Medical School Dean
Decision will be made by end of March – with worst case start date by July
- Student Affairs Director
Decision has been made – primary role to advise M1/M2, starting 2/26
Cant release name yet so be on the lookout!
- Food Services
Decision has been made but also cant release any info yet!
- Reports from Student Organizations
Talent show is now 2/23 – food and drinks will be served!
Please sign up at the link if interested – any questions ask Sourabh Sharma.
Psych conference 2/18 – please sign up if interested! Contact Ingrid Kiehl with any questions!
Sports Med – 2/20 (3-5pm), good practice for musculoskeletal skills with case event by Dr. Jones
Med Polish 2/15 (6-7pm) – panel of 4 physicians to discuss Polish healthcare barriers, there will be delicious food and pierogis (Contact Amanda Goslawski for questions)
BIM – ethics case panel in near future (Contact Nadeem El Kouri with any questions)
- Student Wellness Advisory Group
- New or Unfinished Business
- Funding Requests: NONE!
- Room for Improvement:
- Input? Questions? Comments? Feel free to talk to us or submit your ideas anonymously through the following link:
The next meeting will be held on
Tuesday, March, th 2017
Thank you for taking the time to be here tonight!