MINUTES OF MEETING OF TWIN RIVERS PARISH COUNCIL ON TUESDAY 19 APRIL 2016 AT
OUSEFLEET VILLAGE HALL AT 7.30PM
Present:Mr. P. Rudd, Chair
Mrs. C. Royston, Vice Chair
Mr. T. Henderson
Mrs. L. Hitchen
Mr. J. Barker Grimshaw
Mr. J. Woodcock
Mr. G. Dealtry
Apologies:Cllr. J. Barrett, Cllr. C. Fox
In attendance:Mrs. V. R. Lond (Clerk)
26/16DECLARATIONS OF PECUNIARY AND NON-PECUNIARY INTERESTS – Mr. T. Henderson.
Paul discussed the damage to the playpark equipment following his inspection.
The clerk stated she had received a quotation from Came & Company (Play Inspection Company Ltd.) regarding annual and quarterly inspections.
The quotation quoted:
Annual Inspection: £62.50 + VAT
Full Year Inspection (3 quarterly and 1 annual inspection)£205.00 + VAT
The clerk passed around a sample inspection report received from the Company.
It was resolved to have the Full Year Inspection and the clerk is to arrange as soon as possible.
Cow Lane – Christine stated that there was not much to report, just general maintenance.
Village Hall This was discussed in full later on in the agenda.
28/16MINUTES OF EXTRAORDINARY MEETING HELD ON 7 APRIL 2016
It was proposed by Mrs. Christine Royston and seconded by Mr. Graham Dealtry that the
notes were a true record. The Chair signed the minutes.
29/16MINUTES OF LAST MEETING HELD ON 15 MARCH 2016
It was proposed by Mr. James Woodcock and seconded by Mrs. Christine Royston that
The minutes were a true record. The Chair signed the minutes.
- Three quotations were presented and discussed with regard to the kitchen extension building work.
PC Services – For building and blockwork - labour only £1350.00
Tony Henderson, Joiner & Builder - roof work on extension£ 720.00
CG Construction & Maintenance Ltd. Quotation breakdown as follows:
Brick & Blockwork£4400 + VAT
Roof Joinery;£1500 + VAT
Slate work£1400 + VAT Total: £7300 + VAT
In addition it was stated that a verbal quotation had been received from Mr. D. Whitfield for the roof work of £1200.00. Not VAT registered.
These quotations were discussed at length and concern was raised regarding the scribbled quotation from Mr. Curry of PC Property Services as this had little detail on it, not even contact details. In addition, a verbal quotation was not acceptable from Mr. Whitfield and needed to be on headed paper.
- Building Regs. It was noted that the architect Len Turner was to put these on the plans at a cost of around £250.00. The invoice should be in Twin Rivers Parish Council name.
- VAT - A discussion ensued regarding VAT claims and following a heated discussion,
Mrs. Hitchen left the meeting due to the negative tone of the conversation.
- WREN claim - There is still £15562.70 left for the Parish Council to claim. The deadline for claiming is 26 May 2016 and paperwork is to be returned two weeks prior to this date. It was resolved that the following items should be purchased straight away:
Flooring – Harman’s Carpets
Wall Panels – Sani Clad
Stainless Steel Tables
All were in favour.
- Regarding stacking chairs and folding tables, the Village Hall Committee are to have a meeting to discuss requirements.
- As it is quite likely we will not be able to spend all the amount within the timescale, Penny Beaumont has confirmed that the difference regarding the Third Party money which was provided by Twin Rivers will be refunded. This will be refunded automatically after WREN pays the final payment. It could take up to 4 weeks to refund the difference.
Mrs. Royston agreed to purchase three smaller boxes. Parish Council to refund the cost.
- Safe & Sound Grant
The criteria for this grant has now changed. Residents no longer need to be in receipt of a means tested benefit. To qualify for the grant a resident needs to be over 60 or disabled and be either a home owner, private tenant or housing association tenant. The grant is to pay for home security measures such as locks, door chains, door viewers, window alarms and security lights.
- Goole Windfarm Tree Planting Fund
A £20,000 fund is now available. Deadline for submissions is 31 July 2016. The fund will award grants of no greater than £2000 to each successful application. It is open to private and public landowners for the purposes of delivering tree planting activity in the vicinity within 5km of the windfarm.
- Public Spaces Protection Order
East Riding Council has under Section 59 of the Anti-Social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014 made the following Public Spaces order for Twin Rivers Parish Council.
If a dog defecates at any time on land to which the public or any section of the public has access, as of right or by virtue of express or implied permission and a person who is in charge of the dog at the time fails to remove faeces from the land forthwith, that person shall be guilty of an offence. A person who is guilty of an offence under this Order shall be liable to a fine.
32/16Concerns regarding to possible development on Grange, Road, Adlingfleet
The clerk stated she had received two emails from residents of Adlingfleet regarding the above. These were from Mrs. F. McKalroy and Mr. S. Buckland. Both had concerns that the Parish Council had agreed to Farmcare plans without consulting the residents. The clerk has replied to both emails stating that no plans had yet been submitted by Farmcare to East Riding Council and their visit to the Parish Council Meeting was purely a courtesy visit.
This was discussed in full and it was decided that perhaps the minutes had unfortunate wording. Once any plans are submitted, the Parish Council will consider holding a village meeting. In the meantime, all residents in the Parish are welcome to attend Parish meetings as visitors and there are still two vacancies which Twin Rivers would be happy to fill from applicants from Adlingfleet .
33/16ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT
V. Lond – expenses £40.95
Chairman’s expenses £ 20.00£60.95
Came & Co. Insurance£1490.23
34/16ANY OTHER BUSINESS
- The noticeboard at the Village Hall is broken.
- There are access problems regarding wheelchairs on forthcoming elections. Tony Henderson to look at this problem.
- Speeding problems are still ongoing.
- There have been complaints regarding Farmcare spraying the field near the playpark on Sunday 17 April 2016. This was a windy day and concerns were raised regarding the spray being on the play equipment as well as breathing it in. The clerk was asked to raise this with Farmcare.
- Paul Rudd had attended a meeting of the Twin Rivers Windfarm – the next meeting is in June. There will be a funding pot of £15000 between Swinefleet, Reedness and Twin Rivers and £15000 between the two schools, although this could be reduced for the schools. It is hoped that first payments from the fund will be made before Christmas.
34/16DATE OF NEXT MEETING - This will be the AGM on 19 May 2016