Minutes of February 2, 2010 Meeting

Minutes of February 2, 2010 Meeting

MINUTES OF FEBRUARY 2, 2010 MEETING

Russell’s BBQ Restaurant, Rolling Meadows, Illinois

PRESENT

Dave Evans, President

Mike Lapke, Treasurer

Darrell Sitarz, Secretary

Rich Voss

Brian Zirves

Bob Zirves

Carl Lankenau

NOT PRESENT

Bill Schatz, Vice President

GUESTS

None

CALL TO ORDER

The meeting was called to order by Dave Evans at 7:29PM

MINUTES

The January 2010 minutes taken by Dave Evans were read by Darrell.

Motion to accept as corrected by Rich, seconded by Mike.

The Minutes were approved by a show of hands.

TREASURER’S REPORT

The January 2010 Treasurer’s Report was read by Mike Lapke.

The report is in file.

There were no corrections.

It was noted that we have made the deposits for both Gingerman and Blackhawk. Only deposit yet to make is for Kentucky.

Motion to accept by Rich, Seconded by Bob

The Treasurers Report was approved by a unanimous show of hands.

OLD BUSINESS

Kentucky Race – Is it on? Tried to reach Dave Larson… a message was left for Dave.

Dave called back. Yes, the KY race is official.

More clone discussion.

Dave E. said Jerry Dover, a clone engine specialist, will be at the Kankakee swap meet. He will talk to him.

The tether rules will be sent to Darrell for website inclusion.

SERIES

K98 and Snell 2000 will be approve helmets for the 2010 season

SCORING

Nothing to discuss

AWARDS

Nothing to discuss

BANQUET COMMITTEE

Nothing to discuss

RULES

Dave E. will make some sort of display for the brake tether to show at the KMI show.

We will need signage also telling people it will be mandatory to have this in place at the start of the 2010 Season. Also this needs to be shown on the website.

MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE

Need to send 2010 application to membership when it is ready.

BY-LAWS COMMITTEE

Committee has been dissolved.

WEB SITE

The website is up-to-date as of the meeting.

Darrell with check with Sam La Banco re: an annual bill for hosting the site.

NEW BUSINESS

Show: Earl and Louise will be at the show. Dave E. will be out of town.

We need to find clothing and take inventory

It was suggested that we give away a shirt with a membership signup at the show.

Need to find/bring banner, TV, and tables

We should make 100 copies of the tether rules and include a “how-to” drawing for distribution at the show.

Need to find out who from the club will be coming to the show.

Darrell wanted to know if the club would want to participate in the Kid’s Show in Schaumburg on February 20-21 if we split it among various kart shops. Darrell will try to put this together.

Darrell showed the board the old magazine ad we used in 2008. He will have his designer update it with new info and put a membership application on the back. We should be able to have it designed and printed in plenty of time for the show.

ADJOURNMENT

Motion to adjourn by Brian, seconded by Carl. Meeting adjourned at 8:42 PM

Submitted by Darrell Sitarz