Method to ‘Pre-Vet’ COA in ProcureAZ before Providing the COA to your Team
Agencies are receiving accounting errors when entering documents in ProcureAZ. In order to allow your ProcureAZ User Acceptance team to concentrate on processing transactions you may find it helpful to provide exact accounting segment information for your team. If you have not entered documents into New AFIS to verify the recommended COA, you can use ProcureAZ to confirm whether your COA will work
Identify the NIGP code that you will use for the item that you will add to the Purchase Order.
- Will be ‘simplest’ if you select an NIGP code that is NOT on the ProcureAZ NIGP Object Inference
- This will enable you to enter accounting on the HEADER Accounting and see your results there.
- IF you want to use items that will have an object inference, you need to enter the accounting on the ITEMS accounting tab.
IMPORTANT : If you are entering accounting on the ITEMS accounting tab - TAKE A SCREEN PRINT. If your COA isn’t valid, ProcureAZ erases your content. ;<(
TESTING ACCOUNTING SEGMENT/COA
- Log in to ProcureAZ with Basic Purchasing Role
- Document > Purchase Order > New PO TYPE: Open Market
- Complete General tab, click Save and Continue.
- Add one item to items tab – Save and Exit
- Navigate to the Accounting Tab
- Enter all of the COA segments you want to test – may be simplest to do one set at a time.
- In the following example BFY, Function, Object and Dept Object were entered because these are required items for that agency.
- Click “Save based on Percentage” -- and also “Rebuild for All Items” if you are entering the accounting on the Header (recommended).
- This will trigger an integration with AFIS.
- You will either see all the segments that have been inferred by the function, or you will see an error message.
Displayed Results – No Error message and inference is returned
IMPROPER COA COMBINATION
Displayed Results –Error message
Close-up of error messageSystem Error(s)
- Exception occurred trying to process the document to the next status. Cause: com.wsc.ecom.bo.acct.AccountTransactionException: ERROR : COMMGP=1,COMM=1,ACTG=4 : The Current Fiscal Year, Department and Dept Object does not exist on the Dept Object Table. (A1714); ERROR : COMMGP=1,COMM=1,ACTG=4,PSTNG=1 : The Current Fiscal Year, Department and Dept Object does not exist on the Dept Object Table. (A1714); ERROR : Header : The document could not be submitted due to errors.; ...
The reason this fails is this is a bad combination because the DeptObj/and Object are not an authorized combination in AFIS for this agency.Fiscal Year / Department / Department Object / Object
2015 / DEA / 8111 / 8111
2015 / DEA / 8191 / 8191
2015 / DEA / 820C / 8191
2015 / DEA / 820R / 8191
2015 / DEA / 8221 / 8121
2015 / DEA / 8288 / 8191
2015 / DEA / 8299 / 8191
1 | PageProcureAZ UAT COA Vetting