MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION FOR ASSOCIATED ARTISTS OF SOUTHPORT 2016
Thank you for your inquiry regarding membership in the Associated Artists of Southport.
We offer three categories of membership: General, Provisional, and Exhibiting
- May attend general meetings of the Association
- May volunteer to work gallery assignments
- May volunteer to serve on committees
- May enter judged shows at members rate of entry and will be charged 25% on all items sold
- Does not include exhibiting privileges
- Will be added to the Membership roster and mailing list
- Must pay dues of $40/year
Provisional Membership precedes Exhibiting Membership. Member has paid $40 dues. All privileges of a General Membership apply. The additional requirements leading to Exhibiting Membership are:
- Must present to the Media Committee samples of work for review and meet the following criteria:
AAS accepts original 2D work conceived and made by a single artist in the media of paint, ink, graphite, crayon, pastel, charcoal, and paper collage applied to paper, canvas, or wood panel when used as a support. No copying from any source is allowed.
Original 3D pottery and clay sculpture solely conceived and made by a single artist is accepted. No ram-pressed, jiggered, jolleyed, or commercially produced slip mold-poured pieces are allowed. No copying from any source is allowed.
All 2D and 3D work must be signed by the artist.
- Must complete orientation by working in the Gallery Sales Office 1/2 day three times (3 months) under the supervision of an experienced AAS member.
Member has successfully completed the requirements of Provisional Membership and has signed the current Exhibition Agreement, which includes a commitment to serve on two (2) committees/year and work ½ day a month in the Gallery Sales Office at a specified time and day at least 10 times/year.
An Exhibiting Member
- May exhibit in all Member Shows
- Will pay 25% commission to AAS on all sales
- Will be added to the Membership roster and receive all mailings from AAS
Should you have any questions, please call or e-mail me anytime. When you have made a decision about membership please complete the form at the bottom of the page.
Penny Prettyman, Membership Chair
Please detach & return this form with a check in the amount of $40 payable to AAS and mail to:
Franklin Square Gallery, 130 E West Street, Southport, NC 28461. Attn: Penny Prettyman, Membership Chair
Applicant Name______2D____ 3D_____ Medium______
I am interested in General Membership______
I am interested in Provisional Membership leading to Exhibiting Membership______