LOS MEDANOS COLLEGE ASSOCIATED STUDENTS SENATE MEETING AGENDA
DATE: 3/9/15 TIME: 1:00 pm – 3:00pm LOCATION: L105
***Please consider: All proposals should be discussion items prior to submission for action as this will allow the senate to make better-informed decisions.Officers: President: Gary Walker, Vice-President: Candice Tidwell , Treasurer: Teniesha Little , Publicity and Outreach: Sable Horton, Commissioner of Campus Events: Diona Shelbourne
Senators: T. Miller, P. Ramirez, R. Johnson, D. Meeks, J. Rosalez, K. Padilla, Y.Ogunleye
Student Representatives: Appointed
Item # / Topic/Activity / Lead / Time / Outcome
1. / Call to Order
Establishment of Quorum: Roll Call / P. Walker / 2 min.
1:00-1:02 / Information
2. / Approve:
a) Agenda: Approval
b) Minutes :( Minutes not submitted Table until next meeting 3/23/15) / P. Walker / 5 min.
1:02-1:07 / Information/Disc./ACTION
3. / Public Comment: Reserved for members of the public to address the Senate and Senators may respond as summarized below: (no more than 2 minutes on each item)
* Senators may briefly respond to statements made or questions posed by persons making public comment;
* The public may ask question for clarification or make a brief announcement; provide a reference to senate or other resources for factual information; request senate to report back to the public at a later meeting; and/or request an agenda item for future agenda.
(Government Code Section 54954.2(a)) / P. Walker / 12 min.
1:07-1:19 / Information
4. / Officers & Senators Reports/ Updates
At this time Officers & Senators will give their weekly report. / P.Walker / 10 min.
1:19-1:29 / Information/Discussion
5. / Advisor Report
At this time the Advisor will give her weekly report. / D. Lawrence/ J. Stewart / 5 min.
1:29-1:34 / Information/Discussion
6. / Due Process: President Walker Sanction:
The senate will discuss whether or not to move forward with the sanction process to afford the accused due process through a hearing committee/trail in response to the sanction letter. / P. Ramirez / 12 min.
1:34-1:46 / Information/ Disc./ACTION
7. / HBCU Tour Funding Request:
Senate to approve funding request for $ for the Transfer Center HBCU Tour this Spring Semester. / A.Orijunwa / 10 min.
1:46-1:56 / Information/Disc./ACTION
8. / Debate Society/ Team Request for Funding:
The debate team is seeking funding from the AS. / Dennis Tekell / 10 min.
1:56-2:06 / Information/Disc./ACTION
9. / Academic Competition:
LMCAS to approve funding for the LMC Academic Competition, and choose a date, and get a list of Senators and Officers to volunteer. / J. Stewart / 5 min.
2:06-2:11 / Information/ Disc./ACTION
10. / Interview Committee update: Minute Taker:
At this time the Minute Taker Interview Committee will give an update on interviews that took place on 3/5/15. / Any Member of the MTC / 5 min.
2:11-2:16 / Information/Disc./ACTION
11. / Bylaw Committee Update:
At this time Bylaws Committee will give update to the Senate, and give details of next meeting schedule. / Officer Shelbourne / 5 min.
2:16-2:21 / Information/Disc./ACTION
12. / Parliamentarian Conference
Training: How to Use Robert’s Rules as Team-Building:
Contra Costa Associated Students will be hosting training with Susan Leahy on Saturday 3/14 and LMCAS has been invited. This is a great opportunity for new senators (and old) to learn about Roberts Rules of Order and meet other student leaders. Snacks and a light lunch will be provided. / P. Walker / 5 min.
2:21-2:26 / Information/Disc./ACTION
13. / LMC 40th Anniversary Committee Update:
The Senate to approve workshop/activity proposal for the LMC 40th Anniversary, and update from the committee. / P. Walker/ Anyone from the Committee / 5 min.
2:26-2:31 / Information/Disc./ACTION
14. / Student Rep. Fee Presentation:
SSCCC Senator Victor Costa will present on the proposal of the Student Rep. Fee. / P. Walker/
SSCCC S. Costa / 20 min.
2:31-2:51 / Information/Disc./ACTION
15. / Response Letter to LMC Newspaper (The Experience):
In regards to article: Sanctions Under Way: President Walker Targeted. Seeking whether or not the senate should draft a response letter to the accusations in The Experience newspaper. / P. Walker/
O. Shelbourne / 9 min.
2:51-3:00 / Information/Disc./ACTION
16. / Adjournment or Continue Meeting / P. Walker