Job Title:Circuit Administrator
Lay Employee in theBlackheath and Halesowen Methodist Circuit
Location:Hasbury Methodist Church Office
Responsible to:The Lay Employee will be employed by the Blackheath and Halesowen Methodist Circuit and will be under the supervision of the Superintendent Minister.
Purpose and Objectives:The purpose of the post is to support the administration needs of the Ministers and to take responsibility for the delivery of Circuit admin tasks.
- Correspondence and filing
- Responding to messages and requests received through the office
- Distribution of information to churches and individuals
- Preparation and distribution of publicity
- Preparing documents and worship resources for printing or video projection including liturgies
- Maintenance of data bases e.g. membership lists and community rolls
- Administration and maintenance of CRB disclosures for workers with children and young people and vulnerable adults.
- Support Circuit Safeguarding officer with training and development of circuit and church policies.
- Support churches with safeguarding declarations
- Management of circuit administration
- Maintain Circuit Diary
- Circuit Stats for Mission
- Website maintenance
- Circuit Plan
- Report to Charity Commission
- Admin support for Holiday Clubs and other circuit groups
- Ordering of resources
- Researching information and new initiatives
- Attend meeting in core hours.
- If possible attend meetings outside core hours for Circuit Leadership Team, Circuit Meeting and to do CRB checks at Brigades. All time worked outside core hours to be taken off as time off in lieu.
Terms and conditions
- Terms of appointment:Permanent
- The salary will be based on the Methodist Pay scale
- Provision of office accommodation
- Normal working pattern: 13 hours per week times to be negotiated to suit employee and employer
- All approved job related expenses and travel expenses will be reimbursed.
- 28 days statutory annual leave entitlement per year (pro-rata for part-time Workers).
- Appointment will be subject to satisfactory references
- Appointment will be subject to the satisfactory completion of up to three-month probationary period.
The Lay Employee will have a line manager whose responsibilities will be to:
- To support the work of the Lay Employee.
- Determine priorities for the work.
- Monitor and evaluate progress with the Lay Employee on a regular basis with annual appraisal.
- Act as a “sounding board” to the Lay Employee.
- Ensure that the Lay Employee receives suitable pastoral support, through the CLT.