LICENSED SOCIAL SERVICE WORKER
The Bair Foundation, a leading treatment foster care agency, is in search of candidates for a LICENSED SOCIAL SERVICE WORKER in our Kent, OH office.
We are looking for individuals with knowledge and passion for working with at-risk youth and families.
The Bair Foundation offers great advantages!
- Over 3 weeks PTO within 1st year
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Training and Education Assistance
- 12 Paid Holidays
- 401K Traditional and ROTH
To apply knowledge of the foster care system to ensure appropriate care is given to foster/kinship children. This can include:
- Monitor the progress of children in the foster/kinship home setting and monitoring compliance of the foster/kinship home and safety of the child(ren).
- Responsible for being certified in The Bair Foundation’s model of care which includes, Together Facing the Challenge (foster/kinship parent training).
- Provide direct supervision to assigned foster/kinship families, including but not limited to coaching, follow up and accountability in accordance to The Together Facing The Challenge (foster/kinship parent training) structured home visit requirements.
- Provide ongoing training utilizing Together Facing the Challenge curriculum to foster/kinship parents.
- Ensure accurate and timely documentation in The Bair Foundation’s electronic documentation system.
- Apply advanced child welfare knowledge to develop Individualized Services Plan (ISP) to establish the appropriate services to be provided for each child on caseload and to assure compliance with state regulations.
- Assist service team members and the child in accomplishing service plan goals and ensuring progress towards goals are documented.
- Apply advanced knowledge in utilizing various assessment tools to prioritize and target problem behavior and measure progress for use during ISP meetings.
- Use advanced knowledge of child welfare techniques to independently assess the quality and appropriateness of services being provided to each child in placement.
- Will cover “on call”, when assigned, which includes responding to emergency situations after hours and making decisions on what the problem is and the best way to remedy the situation. This may require going to the location to assist in problem resolution.
- Attend professional conferences and seminars to fulfill continuing education requirements to stay at the forefront of social work techniques and applications and to comply with state regulations regarding training hours.
- Responsible for providing an environment which promotes respect for clients, their privacy, and confidentiality that follows HIPAA regulations.
Bachelor’s Degree or Master's Degree in Social Work or related field required. One year of experience working with at-risk youth required. Must be a Licensed Social Worker (LSW) in Ohio.