/ Office use (code 85/743/290/00)
Agreement Ref: / POCA
NORTH EAST LEEDSDIVISIONAL COMMUNITY SAFETY PARTNERSHIP
PROCEEDS OF CRIME ACT (POCA) COMMUNITY AWARD SCHEME
Please note that funding is only open to applications relating to the following areas within West Yorkshire:
-Burmantofts & Richmond Hill
-Chapel Allerton, Chapeltown
-Roundhay, Alwoodley & Moortown
-Killingbeck & Seacroft
-Garforth, Kippax, Swillington & Methley
-Gipton & Harehills
-Wetherby & Harewood
-Crossgates, Whinmoor, & TempleNewsam
(Administered by LeedsCity Council on behalf of West Yorkshire Police)
Important:This document sets out the purpose for which the POCA award is being given for and the conditions that are attached to the use of the money. It forms a legally binding funding agreement between the applicant and Leeds City Council and a signed copy must be returned to the address provided at the bottom of page 2 before funding will be released. It is important to note that the money must be used for the purpose agreed in this document – any underspend must be returned to Leeds City Council.
Part One:What is the award to be used for and who will be managing the money?Project title and amount required: / £
Name and address of the organisation taking responsibility (this is who/where payment will be made to unless otherwise stated and agreed):
Brief description of the project/activity including key dates:
Who will benefit from the activity (e.g. which groups of people or particular neighbourhood):
What exactly will the money pay for (please itemise with costs):
Have you applied for or received funding from any other source?
(please give details)
Name and contact details of authorised person within the organisation taking responsibility for the project and funding: / Name:
Bank account details – please provide details about the groups/organisations bank account
Bank Account Name
Please Note: CHEQUES WILL ONLY BE MADE PAYABLE TO GROUPS NOT INDIVIDUALS
Part Two:Conditions of approval
- Providing a signed copy of this agreement is returned to Leeds City Council, Proceeds of Crime Act Funding (POCA) funding of £………. will be released for your project – subject to the conditions set out in this agreement and approval letter.
- Specific conditions in relation to this proposal are: (Office Use)
- General conditions that apply to all POCA awards include:
a)agreement to cooperate in any publicity of the use of the award, in particular through press releases organised by West Yorkshire Police
b)identification of Proceeds of Crime as the source for the funding in any publicity material/literature produced by the applicant organisation.
- The work undertaken/purchases made will be as set out in part one of this agreement. No changes can be made without the prior written approval of the Council’s Area Management Team. Any unspent monies will be returned to Leeds City Council.
- The project and its administration will be carried out by the organisation identified in part one including responsibility for the proper accounting/use of monies and within the timescales set out.
- The Group will ensure records relating to Proceeds of Crime Act Funding (POCA)projects are available for scrutiny at the request of Leeds City Council or West Yorkshire Police. Payments must be traceable to source documents for audit purposes.
- No Proceeds of Crime Act Funding (POCA) expenditure can be incurred until confirmation has been received thatthe Council has received your signed copy of this funding agreement.
- The organisation will comply with all relevant legislation including Health and Safety, Child Protection (including CRB checks where appropriate), and Equal Opportunities.
- Failure to comply with any of the above conditions may result in the Proceeds of Crime Act Funding (POCA) being partly or fully reclaimed.
Authorised to sign on behalf of
the applicant: / Office Use: Authorised to sign on behalf of
Leeds City Council:
Signature: / Signature:
Name: / Name: / Beverley Yearwood
Position: / Position: / Community Safety Coordinator
Date: / Date:
Contact Details / Return form/Contact Details
East North East Area Management
263 Chapeltown Road,
Leeds, LS7 3EX
Tel. 336 7632