LANDMARK SERVICES COOPERATIVE: SMS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This SMS Terms and Conditions page describes our mobile program and available codes.
Landmark Promotional Alerts
Text JOIN to 85456 to join Landmark Services Cooperatives’ Promotional Alerts: 5 messages/month. Message and Data Rates May Apply.
Texts may be sent using an automated system. Consent to receive promotional text messages is not required as a condition of purchasing any goods or services.
Text STOP to 85456 to stop receiving Landmark Services Cooperatives’ Promotional Alerts from Landmark Services Cooperative.
For additional information, text HELP to 85456 or contact or call 800.236.3276.
Verizon Wireless, US Cellular, AT&T, Sprint, Boost, Virgin Mobile USA, T-Mobile, and Metro PCS.
T-Mobile is not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
Mobile Message Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions for Service
- “You” means the person or entity who signs up to participate in, or uses in any way, Landmark Service Cooperative’s Promotional Alerts. “We,” “our,” “us” and “provider” refer to Landmark Services Cooperative as well as any other person or entity providing any service, applications or content to you from us or on our behalf.
- “Applications” and/or “Content” refer to any file, device or software that can be downloaded by you to either a computer or a wireless device such as a handset or a personal digital assistant.
- “Service” means the Landmark Service Cooperative’s Promotional Alerts and any associated Abbreviated Dial Code, Applications or Content.
Acceptance by You
- By using the Service provided by us, you have agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions herein (“Agreement”). If you do not agree with this Agreement, you must immediately cease using the Services that you have received and contact us as provided below.
What are the Participating Carriers?
- Content may not be available on all carriers: The Service is available on Verizon Wireless, AT&T, Sprint, Boost, Virgin Mobile USA, T-Mobile, Metro PCS. Product is not compatible with all cell phone models. Provider is not responsible for any delays upon sending or receiving text messages.
Landmark Service Cooperative’s Promotional Alerts Terms and Conditions
- What are Landmark Service Cooperative’s Promotional Alerts? - Landmark Service Cooperative’s Promotional Alerts are SMS messages that contain promotion alerts for select Landmark Service Cooperatives events and promotions.
- How do I sign up for Landmark Service Cooperative’s Promotional Alerts? - Sign up for Landmark Service Cooperative’s Promotional Alerts by texting JOIN to the short code 85456. By signing up, you will receive about five (5) messages per month. Landmark Service Cooperative’s Promotional Alerts are not mobile spam. The Service is a recurring message program.
- Is it free? - Although all Landmark Service Cooperative’s Promotional Alerts are complimentary, message and data rates may apply. Depending on your text plan, you may be charged by your carrier. By enrolling in the service, you certify that you are over 18 years of age and (a) you are the account holder or (b) you have the account holder’s permission to do so.
- What if I don’t want to receive any more SMS promotional messages? - To stop receiving only Landmark Service Cooperative’s Promotional Alerts, simply text STOP to the short code 85456, or call 1.800.236.3276. After doing so, you will receive confirmation of your opt-out, and thereafter, you will no longer receive any Landmark Service Cooperative messages.
- What if I want to opt back in? - You can start receiving Landmark Service Cooperative’s Promotional Alerts again by following the steps outlined in the above section: “How do I sign up for Landmark Service Cooperative’s Promotional Alerts?”
- What if I want more info? - To request more info, simply text HELP to the short code 85456, or call 1.800.236.3276.
Disclaimer of Warranties
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES REGARDING THE SERVICE, APPLICATIONS OR CONTENT THAT YOU RECEIVE FROM US, AND DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE. THIS SERVICE OFFERED TO THE PUBLIC BY PROVIDER COULD INCLUDE INACCURACIES, OTHER ERRORS OR MAY NOT FUNCTION IN THE MANNER YOU ANTICIPATED. FURTHERMORE, WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND OUR CONTROL, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF OTHERS, ATMOSPHERIC CONDITIONS OR ACTS OF GOD. WE DO NOT PROMISE ERROR-FREE SERVICE. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DELAYS IN THE RECEIPT OF ANY SMS MESSAGES AS DELIVERY IS SUBJECT TO THE EFFECTIVE TRANSMISSION FROM YOUR NETWORK OPERATOR.
Limitation of Liability
We are not responsible and will not be liable for any other damages of any nature, including any incidental, special or consequential damages (such as lost profits or lost business opportunities), punitive damages or attorney’s fees.
Landmark Services Cooperative (“Landmark”) recognizes that when you choose to provide us with personal information about yourself, you trust us to treat it responsibly.
- Through the other business functions of Landmark, such as through our customer loyalty programs or by customer service representatives.
Our Services may link to third-party websites and services that are outside our control. In addition, we may have relationships with non-Landmark entities that distribute Landmark products. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by such third parties. You should exercise caution, and review the privacy statements applicable to such third parties.
Information We Collect
We may collect information about you and, if applicable, the computer or device you use to access our Services in a variety of ways:
- You may provide us information directly.
- We may collect information about you when you use our Services or view our online advertisements.
- We may collect additional information about you in accordance with applicable law.
The manner of our collection and the type of information collected may vary by jurisdiction, for example, to accommodate local legal requirements.
Information you provide us directly
We collect information directly from you when you choose to register for our Services (for example, when you register for one of our promotions or notifications). The following are examples of information you may provide us directly:
- E-mail address, physical address and/or zip code, and phone number.
- Username or password.
- Age or birthdate, gender, occupation, and other demographic information.
You can choose not to provide us with certain types of information, but doing so may affect your ability to use some of the Services.
Use of Information
We may use the information we collect about you:
- To provide you with services, products, or other materials you request.
- To communicate with you about our products, services, and promotions.
- To customize your experience with our Services, including by providing you with relevant information on our websites and elsewhere.
- To manage and improve our products, Services and offerings, including analyzing the use of our products and services, and determining the effectiveness of our advertising.
- To protect the security and integrity of our Services.
- To enforce our legal rights.
Sharing of Information
Landmark may disclose your information in the following circumstances:
- Affiliates. We may share information within Landmark among our various businesses and affiliated companies, including, for example, to provide you with our product and service improvements.
- Service Providers. We rely on third-party service providers to perform a variety of contractual services on our behalf. To do so, we may need to share your information with them. For example, we may rely on service providers to fulfill our product and service requests and answer your questions, send e-mails on our behalf, and analyze data to improve our products and services.
- Other Parties When Required by Law or as Necessary to Protect Our Services. There may be instances when we disclose your information to other parties:
- To comply with the law or respond to legal process or a request for cooperation by a government entity
- To prevent fraud or verify and enforce compliance with the policies governing our Services
- Where permitted by law, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Landmark, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, customers or employees
- Other Parties In Connection With A Corporate Transaction. We may disclose your information to a third party in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of a business or our assets to a third party, such as in connection with a merger or in the event of a bankruptcy reorganization or liquidation.
- Aggregated and Non-Personal Information. We also may share data that is not linkable to a particular consumer or device (for example, information that has been aggregated with other records) for general business purposes. For example, we may disclose the number of visitors to our websites or other Services.
Third Parties That Provide Content or Functionality on Our Services
Some of these companies participate in industry-developed programs designed to provide consumers choices about whether to receive targeted advertising. Please visit the websites operated by the Network Advertising Initiative and Digital Advertising Alliance to learn more. (Canadian users may also visit the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada. Further information in local languages may be available at Your Online Choices.)
Collection of Information From Children
We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of thirteen (13). If we learn that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with information, we will delete it in accordance with applicable law.
Your Choices & Access to Your Information
Choices. Where permitted by law, we may send you offers or promotions. However, we give you choices about how we communicate with you.
Please note that, despite your opt-out selections, where permitted by applicable laws, we may send you communications regarding transactions or services you have specifically requested or to inform you of important changes to our Services, products or policies. If you have multiple accounts, you may need to opt-out separately for each account in connection with the privacy choices described above.
Access to Your Information. The accuracy of your information is important to us. Many Landmark online programs allow you to view or update your information online. Check the program you registered with to learn if you can view or update your information online. If information access and correction is not available where you registered and you would like to make a request to access, correct, or delete your information or otherwise object to our processing of such information, please contact us at Global Privacy Portal. We will respond to reasonable requests in accordance with applicable law and subject to legal and contractual restrictions.
Information Security & Retention
We have in place various procedures to safeguard your information, including technical, administrative and physical procedures intended to keep your information secure. However, please note that although we take reasonable steps to protect your information, no website, Internet transmission, computer system or wireless connection is completely secure.
In addition, we take reasonable steps to ensure that we retain personal information about you only for so long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, or as required under any contract or by applicable law.
How to Contact Us
Landmark Services Cooperative
1401 Landmark Drive
Cottage Grove, WI 53527