Kondo KHR-3HV R2 Humanoid Robot Kit ( Exc. Battery and Charger)
Kondo KHR-3HV R2 Humanoid Robot Kit ( exc. battery and charger)
The Khr 3HV Rev 2, improves on the sucessful KHR 3HV design with the improved 2552RHV servos and a new Dual USB Adapter HS.
The new servos feature ICS3.5 protocol making them compatible with Serial or PWM communication. In addition the new Dual USB Adapter HS lets communicate with the servos directly to configure and fine tune the servo behaviour (including the new features added in ICS 3.5)./ A tall, extensible KHR
The base robot includes 17 servos (DOF) + 5 Dummy servos that allow for easy expansion up to 22 DOF. The robot is assembled from the start with the 22 servos in place (17+5), a feature unique in the Humanoid market.
The dummy servos can be progressively replaced with real servos to make for up to 22 DOF.
The long arms and legs (achieved with the use of 22 servos) make for the tallest KHR ever, with an exceptional performance.
Another advantage of using 22 servo cases from the beginning is that all gaits you develop and create will still perform successfully as you upgrade to 22 DOF.
/ RCB-4HV and ICS 3.5
The RCB-4 controller board enables the control of up to 35 serial servos.
It is compatible with the ICS3.5 servo protocol and a wide range of options parts. The board also includes several extension ports (10x A/D and 10x PIO) which enable the use of a wide range of sensors and extension options.
The KHR 3HV Rev 2 uses the latest KRS-2552RHV servos, that feature ICS 3.5 interface. They can operate in a Daisy Chained serial protocol that allows the connection of several servos in single chain reducing the number of cables and simplifying connection.
With the included Dual USB Adapter HS (new in Rev 2), you can directly fine tune the servo parameters and change their operating mode to PWM, a new feature introduced in ICS 3.5.
KRS-2555RHV Servo Specs:
- Maximum Operating Angle 270º
- Maximum Holding Torque 14kgf.cm (11.1V)
- Speed 0.14s/60º (11.1V, under no load)
- ICS 3.5 protocol (Serial and PWM comunication)
- Size 41x21x30.55 mm
- Weight 41.5g
- Operating Voltage 9V~12V
The new servo is slightly smaller than KHR-2HV servos and offers increased torque and operating angles.
The use of metal gears improves servo reliability and strength.
ICS 3.5 servos operate at 1.25Mbps standard for fast communication and can also be configured to operate with a PWM dignal (new in ICS 3.5).
A design to ease and to smooth the folding of the knee has been enhanced. Thanks to the new design, the robot can retract and stand up faster from a sitting pose.
The use of materials such as aluminium, polycarbonate and ABS with incorporation of Glass allow for lighter yet robust frames.
/ Improved Angles and Servo Arms
Thanks to the strengthened servo arms, the robot is more resistant to shocks and thus become a real ally during robot competitions.
The main frame cover is made out a light ABS plastic. It is easy to change to another body frame for customization and modding.
Thanks to the slim body, the user can handle the robot more easily.
/ Dummy Servos
The robot comes fitted with five dummy servos in strategic places for extension (chest/torso, arms) and is assembled with these static servos in place for the first minute to build the robot's tall and slim figure.
You simply need to replace the dummy servo with the optionally available KRS-2552HV servos for added DOF.
This new faculty enables the user to easily add new degrees of freedom and set up new capabilities for the robot.
The new design of the servo head makes it possible to assemble it naturally to the shoulder. It is meant to give the robot a more intrepid style.
/ Bath tub Sole
The new design of the sole gives a more secure walk.
The new design of the back pack enables an easier maintenance of the robot. The user will be able to easily add sensors and motors.
/ New Software - Heart to Heart 4 Rev 2
Heart to Heart software 4 has been revised with the release of the KHR 3HV Rev2, offering an even more user friendly interface. It should make the creation of new Motions and new Behaviours simpler and more efficient.
The software also includes "project management" features for improved collaboration and performance in team competitions.
KHR 3HV Rev 2 is backwards compatible with most of Kondo accessories for previous KHR editions:
- The KRI-3 Interface Board was designed to interface KHR 3HV with Remote Controllers from Kondo. It enables the connection and use of KRC3-AD and other radio units to the new RCB-4HV.
- RAS-2, KRG-3 and KRG-4 are also compatible with KHR 3HV and are recommended sensors for this robot.
- A new Dual USB Adapter HS is now available in Rev 2. It enables communicating with the Robot for programming and also communicating with the new ICS 3.5 servos.
( The Dual USB adapter HS is included in the Standard KHR 3HV Rev 2 kit. )
- Additional KRS-2552RHV servos can be added to the robot (to replace the dummy servos) to extend it from 17 DOF progressively up to 22 DOF.
English Documentation and Software:
- Assembly Instructions EN
- Users Manual EN
- Heart to Heart 4 v.1.2 EN
This is the latest Officially Translated version of Heart to Heart 4 (on rare occasions some messages may still show in Japanese)
- Heart to Heart 4 v.2 EN (Beta)
Latest Heart to Heart 4 version (Beta).
- ICS Manager 3.5 EN
Enables changing Servo IDs and a number of Configurations and Parameters on the servos.
- RCB 4 Serial Protocol
- libkondo4: contributed by community member chrisvo this is a C library that exposes and encapsulates all the RCB4 Serial Protocol commands.
The library also encapsulates Serial Commands for the ICS 3.0 Serial Protocol (to directly control ICS 3.0 Servos such as the KRS 2552HV used in KHR 3HV)
- Documentation for Playing Motions: resulting of analysing libkondo, RoboSavvy prepared this guidance document with the Serial packets necessary to Stop Play and Query Execution Status for Motions
A Python Example is available for download (you need Python and the PySerial library to run it).
- Forum thread about interfacing the RCB4 Serial port with an external MCU (pinouts, signal levels, ...)