Knock!Knock! Knock! Hello? This is Opportunity knocking at your door!
Spectrum Events is seeking individuals in search of a business, life, and professional opportunity. We are looking for hospitality professionals that would like to take advantage of one of the most rigorous, rewarding summer work experiences one can imagine. Spectrumexists in a most unconventional business climate; we are not contained by any four walls or boundaries. We travel, we work hard; we are the first to arrive and the last to leave. We take great pride in outworking anyone in the industry. While that may seem pretty old school to some, it is a hallmark of our success. We would like to invite you to visit our website, at and to consider if an internship with Spectrum fits your career goals.
We will be offering opportunities to up to ten individuals to fulfill catering / concession, backstage catering, and our finance/customer service management positions. Each selected individual will train with a Spectrum mentor and then be integrated into roles with more and more responsibility as the season progresses. Interest in our program is limited to those that can fulfill the entire schedule.
Pay is every other Friday, and we suggest that if selected you take advantage of direct deposit. Those completing the entire assignment will receive an additional $500 bonus at the end of the program.Completing the assignment is defined by fulfilling a minimum of ten complete assignments.
Our staff will offer you helpful tips on packing and preparedness. You will also receive a manual that will give you an overview of the day to day duties/responsibilities as well as basic terminology. We have a uniform store on line that will be your source for manager shirts, jackets and other Spectrum garb of your choosing. You will be given a $150 credit to the store to get you started.
Our season kicks off with a PGA TOUR event, the Honda Classic, in February and runs through the beginning of August. We will provide transportation and housing for events outside of your home city. The rate of pay is $10 per hour. Travel days are not considered working days. Typically, you will not be required to report to work on a travel day but will be compensated accordingly if so. Here is the initial schedule. Obviously, you would not be assigned to all. That will come soon. We just want you to see the scope of the assignment.
The events with *** indicate that school commitments come first regarding your eligibility for these. If you are available to work, we would love to assign you to these events, as they are a great way to learn and really get your feet wet.
- Honda Classic ~ Palm Beach Gardens, FL***February 20th - 26th
- Okeechobee Music Festival ~ Okeechobee, FL ***March 2nd – 5th
- Buku Music Festival ~ New Orleans, LA***March 10th – 11th
- Arnold Palmer Invitational ~ Orlando, FL***March 13th - 19th
* Spring Break (Great time to learn!)
- Mississippi Gulf Resort ~ Biloxi, MS***March 27th – April 2nd
- Shell Houston Open~Humble, TX***March 27th – April 2nd
March 31st– 2 p.m.
April 1st– 3rd
- Tortuga Music Festival ~ Fort Lauderdale, FL ***April 7th – 9th
- Valero Texas Open ~ San Antonio, TX***April 17th– April 23rd
April 20th– after class (travel day)
April 21st– 23rd(return home on Sunday night)
Travel/setup days TBD for the following events…
- HP Byron Nelson Championship ~ Irving, TXMay 15th – 21st
- Dean & Deluca Invitational ~ Ft. Worth, TX May 22nd – 28th
- Governors Ball Music Festival ~ Randall’s Island, NY June2nd – 4th
- Free Press Summerfest ~ Houston, TXJune 2nd – 4th
- St. Jude Classic~Memphis, TN June5th – 11th
- Bonnaroo Music Festival ~ Manchester, TNJune 8th – 11th
- CVS Classic ~ Barrington, RIJune 25th – 27th
- Red, Hot & Blue~The Woodlands, TXJuly 4th
- Freedom Over Texas ~Houston, TXJuly 4th
- John Deere Classic ~ Moline, IL July 10th – 16th
- Constellation Sr. Players ~ Owing Mills, MDJuly 10th – 16th
- Forecastle Music Festival ~ Louisville, KY July 14th – 16th
- Sloss Music Festival ~ Birmingham, ALJuly 15th – 16th
We are interested in reviewing your resume and getting to know you and your level of interest in the program we are offering. We look forward to fielding your questions, so ask away.We will review your answers and resumes and then invite a pool of qualified candidates out to our home office to tour our facilities and to allow us to meet you and you to meet us. The deadline for resumes to be considered is January 27th. We look forward to meeting you soon.
Director of Golf & Finance Logistics
Along with forwarding on your resume we request that you answer the following questions please.
(Please attach a copy of your resume)
Can you commit to complete the calendar of events listed?YES NO
If you cannot, what dates are you unavailable?
What are the top three strengths that you bring to the table?
What is the one weakness or area of perceived growth potential that you can identify within yourself to allow you to grow to be an even more successful professional?
When is your best estimate of your graduation date?
What is your current cumulative GPA?
What is your favorite class?
Please provide an e-mail address for one or both of your parents, or a phone number if an e-mail address is not available.
E-mail Phone ( )
E-mail Phone ( )