Job Title:Bank Health Care Assistant
Reports to:Nursing Manager
Shift patternsWeekdays: 3.30pm – 9.30pm, 9pm – 7.45am (Waking night),
Weekends: 7.30am – 4.00pm, 3.30pm – 9.30pm, 9pm – 7.45am (Waking night)
Salary£8.67 per hour
The post holder will work as a member of the Life Works team meeting the health, well being and social care needs of Lifeworks clients under the indirect and direct guidance and supervision of the Nursing Manager and or General Practitioner. Health Care Assistants (HCA) will provide a range of health, well being and social care interventions, undertake administrative tasks and data recording, administration of medication outside of 9 – 5pm and weekends, deliver health and social care support to clients and give general assistance to all clients in treatment at Life Works. The post holder will provide an efficient and professional service ensuring the best possible standards of care at all times complying with all statutory requirements and following Life Works Policies and Procedures.
- To attend for duty when scheduled in a fit condition for work.
- To be responsible for the general health care and designated duties within the care plan for Life Works clients, reporting areas of concern to the Nursing Manager, Programme Assistants, Therapists and or the Duty Manager as appropriate
- To be able to undertake basic physical observations and act on concerns
- Ensure that the care given meets the requirements of local, organisational and national guidelines, policies and standards, which may include the Quality Outcome Framework (QoF)
- To respond to medical emergencies, incidents and accidents, as directed and as competent to do so.
- To observe the behaviours and physical, emotional and mental state of clients, documenting the same accurately and fully on a daily basis written and on IT systems
- To undertake medicines administration as per medicines chart and care plan out of the hours of 9- 5am and weekends.
- Be aware and maintain standards of infection control by using appropriate infection control procedures and maintaining work areas so that they are clean, safe and free from hazards; reporting of any potential risks identified to the Nurse Manager
- To instruct clients in appropriate techniques or tasks in relation to health and self care.
- To carry out tasks, after being assessed as competent, as requested by the Nursing, Clinical and or Registered Manager
- To promote & participate in maintaining a safe comfortable & therapeutic environment.
- To support the retention of clients in treatment by providing direct support and reassurance, emphasising the importance of treatment completion in order to achieve long term recovery
- To support clients when experiencing distress, physical and emotional and deescalate through proving reassurance
- To work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, ensuring good communication between disciplines.
- To provide general support to all Life Works clients as directed
- To be aware of the Treatment Programme and its philosophy.
- To promote and support the health, well being and recovery of Lifeworks clients with behavioural issues including the importance of diet and fluids relating to ‘Eating Disorders’ and the general community at meals and snack times.
- To support the enquiry team on the day of admission and by taking and processing enquiries outside of the out of hours enquiry teams office hours
- Waking Night staff to support the housekeeping team by undertaking allocated housekeeping tasks such as laying the breakfast table, tidying of client areas’ etc. during the course of their shift
- To maintain a high standard of administration and documentation on client records including Medicines Administration Records (MAR) and on any internal or external documentation.
- To be responsible for the safe keeping and processes for the storing and recording of all medicines/drugs according to RCN standards and Life Works policies.
- To undertake stock taking of all clinical items and maintaining accurate records, maintaining an adequate amount of clinical supplies as agreed with Nurse Manager.
- To ensure that all daily records for fridge temperatures are checked within the correct timescales and any anomalies are reported to the Nurse Manager
- To receive, document, store and retrieve information electronically using appropriate systems.
- To act as Fire Officer, in the absence of the Fire Marshal, adhering to the procedures laid down by the company.
- To follow correct Health and Safety procedures.
- To uphold and respect the confidential nature of our work.
- To make yourself available to undertake all mandatory and relevant training so as to fulfil the duties of the role
- To maintain good levels of knowledge of the treatment protocols and procedures..
- To undertake development competencies as required for the role
- To report any concerns that effect the care of any of Life Works clients immediately to any Life Works manager in line with Life Works Whistle Blowing policy
Learning and development
- Participate in and complete the HCA role induction competency process with the Nurse Manager
- To attend and actively participate in your own professional development to enhance your working practice through Lifeworks appraisals process
- To attend and actively participate in supervision as scheduled with the line manager
- To be involved in team and individual practice development discussions on a day to day basis to continuously improve and identify gaps in service delivery
- Ensure you commit to and model out “best practice” and ‘excellence’ within the service by adhering to the Federation of Drug and Alcohol Practitioners Code of practice.
Person SpecificationQualifications and training / Essential / Desirable
NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Adult and Social Care / X
Medicines Management training / X
2 years working in a related setting / X
Skills and abilities
Knowledge and understanding of the issues affecting people with addictions and or behavioral health problems / X
Ability to work effectively as a team player in a collaborative and supportive manner / X
Ability to work with minimal supervision / X
Have well developed listening oral communication skills that include tact, diplomacy, sensitivity and empathy / X
Excellent written skills and IT literate with Windows / X
Ability to handle stressful and unexpected situations in a calm, professional manner and act to reduce the risk / X
Ability to promote the benefits of being in residential treatment at Life Works / X
An understanding and commitment to work within a 12 step philosophy / X
Understanding of detoxification from drugs and alcohol / X
Understanding and ability to undertake physical observations and interventions:
- Blood pressure
- Fluid output and intake
- Urine testing
Working in the health or social care setting / X
Knowledge of core health and safety requirements of an employee, including assessment of high-risk situations / X
Experience of working in a residential rehabilitation facility / X
Personal experience of recovery / X
Knowledge and understanding of residential treatment / X
Addiction/behavioural health rehabilitation settings in the community or other service delivery type / X
Confident / X
Problem solver and ‘can do attitude’ / X
Organised and methodical / X
Excellent time management skills / X
Highly motivated / X
Ability to work under pressure / X
Ability to deliver results / X
Lifelong learner / X
Commitment to support Life Works values and mission. / X
Commitment to flexible of working times and patterns / X
Work within a ‘code of conduct’ / x
Demonstrate the ability to effectively work with people regardless of their ethnic cultural, social backgrounds, their gender, age, religious belief, disability and sexual orientation / X
This job description is not intended to be exhaustive but to indicate the main responsibilities of the post and may be amended from time to time in consultation with the post-holder.
HCA JD Mar 2013