Jigsaw Activity for “Breaker’s Bridge” – due Fri: 10/3/14
How to Build Bridges
Visit this website and watch three of the videos on building bridges. Write the title of the segment, how long it was, and a short summary of each video’s important points.
Greatest Emperors of China
Visit this website and read about three of the “Greatest Emperors of China.” Write the name of the emperor, when he lived/rules, and a short summary of why each emperor was so important.
Most Insane Emperors of China
Visit this website and read about three of the “Most Insane Emperors of China.” Write the name of the emperor, when he lived/rules, and a short summary of why each emperor was so crazy.
Famous Bridges in Ancient China
Visit this website and read about three of the “Most Famous Bridges in Ancient China.” Write the name of the bridge, when it was built (when construction started and when it was finished), and a short summary of why it is famous/important.
- In your group, decide who will visit each of the websites.
- Circle the website you are responsible for visiting.
- Using a computer (at home, at Sutter’s library, or your public library), visit the website.
- Watch three videos or read three articles.
- Write three summaries (one for each video or article) – three to seven sentences for each summary.
- Make sure you include all of the important information in your summaries.
- Bring your summaries to class on Friday, 10/3/14, so you can share what you learned with your group.
- On Friday, you will share your information and take notes on the information shared by the other members of your group.
- Then, you will create a poster over the weekend using the information you gathered and learned from your group.
- You will receive the directions for the poster on Thursday, 10/2/14.
- The poster will be due: Monday, 10/6/14.
IF YOU ARE IN A GROUP OF THREE:
- Everyone will select one website to visit.
- For the remaining website, you will each watch one video or read one article, record the correct information, and share with your group on Friday.
- Make sure you discuss with your group, so no members duplicate the same information.
IF YOU ARE ABSENT ON FRIDAY:
- You must turn in your research to Mrs. Saporito on Thursday, 10/2/14, so she can share it with your group on Friday.
IF YOU DO NOT COMPLETE THE JIGSAW PORTION OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
- You will need to complete all of the research from all four websites independently.
- You will still be responsible for completing the poster activity by Monday, 10/6/14.