Invitation for Bid (IFB)(Re-Bid)
Invitation for Bid (IFB)(Re-bid)Issuing date of the IFB: / June 4, 2015
Name of Country: / The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
Name of Project: / Lot II: Arsi Negele-Hawassa Section
Name of CB: / Procurement of Design and Build of Modjo-Hawassa Highway Project; Phase II:Zeway-Hawassa, Lot II: Arsi Negele-Hawassa Section
Project Tender No.: / W/40/ICB/RT/ExImBC/2007 EFY
Brief Description of Works: / The Project is located in Central part of Ethiopia in Oromia Regional State and starts from Arsi Negele, 224 kilometers south-east of Addis Ababa City. The Highway proceeds in a southeast direction, and ends at Hawassa Outskirt. The total length of Lot II: Arsi Negele (km 154) - Hawassa Highway is 55.24 km.
- The government of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has applied financing from the Export-Import Bank of the Republic of Chinatoward the cost of Construction Works of Design and Build of Modjo-Hawassa Highway Project; Phase II:Zeway-Hawassa, Lot II: Arsi Negele-Hawassa Section and intends to apply a portion of the proceeds of this loan to payments under the contract for Lot II: Arsi Negele-Hawassa Section.
- The Project Executing Agency now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for Construction Works of Design and Build of Modjo-Hawassa Highway Project; Phase II:Zeway-Hawassa, Lot II: Arsi Negele-Hawassa Section (55.24 km). The works contract will comprise the detailed engineering design and construction of Main line freeway from Arsi Negele - Hawassa of town, Construction of roundabouts, overpass and underpasses. The entire project will be implemented within 42 months after contract signing exclusive of one year defects liability and three years warranty period.
- Bidding will be conducted through Competitive Bidding (CB) procedures and is open to all eligible bidders that meet the following minimum qualification criteria;
- The competition will be open only for China companies; and
- The Chinese contractors shall be authorized for the operating rights of contracting overseas projects with A-Class (the top class) and shall be experienced in contracting projects and good in performance, and performance records of Chinese contractors both at home and abroad shall be met by the contractor during the post qualification evaluation.
- Qualifications requirements are detailed in Table below.Additional details are provided in the Bidding Documents.
Table 1: Experience and Qualification RequirementsI/ No. / Qualification Criteria
Cash Flow (Million USD) / 15
Construction Turnover (Million USD) / 90
Specific Experience (Million USD) (Project value) / 126
Key Activities requirements
Earth work(m3/yr) / 808,000.00
Granular Sub Base(m3/yr) / 63,000.00
DBM Base Course(m3/yr) / 13,000.00
Asphalt Concrete (AC)( m3/yr) / 207,000.00
- The Turnover requirements set in the above Table 1 is minimum average construction turnover calculated as the total certified payments received for contracts in progress or completed, within the last five (5) years.
- The Specific Experience requirement is the experience in participation as Contractor, Management Contractor or Subcontractor on two (2) asphalt concrete contracts within the last ten (10) years from the bid closing date,eachwith value of project indicated in the Table 1 and that have been successfully or are substantially completed (substantial completion shall mean that it must be completed but final disbursement was not yet made) and that are similar to the proposed works.
- Key Activities requirements are the minimum construction experience in executing the quantities shown in the Table 1 above, calculated as the average of the quantitiesexecuted in the contracts mentioned in 3 above, or other contracts executed in the last Five (5) years.
- Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the bidding documents at the;
Engineering Procurement Directorate
Ethiopian Roads Authority
1st Floor, Main Building, Room No. 208
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Tel.No. (251 11) 551-50-02
Fax No. (251 11) 554-44-34
From 08:30 to 12:30 in the morning and 13:30 to 17:30 in the afternoon from Monday to Thursday and from 08:30 to 11:30 in the morning and 13:30 to 17:30 in the afternoon on Fridays (Local time), except public holidays.
- A complete set of bidding documents may be purchased by any interested eligible Bidders on the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of ETB 900 (Ethiopian Birr: Nine Hundred) or US$ 50 (US dollars: Fifty). The method of payment will be in cash, bank certified check or telegraphic transfer to the ERA’s Bank Account in the Commercial Bank of Ethiopia - Sengatera Branch through Account No. 01715-33144600 Swift Code CBETETAAXXX. The document will be sent by registered airmail, but under no circumstances the Ethiopian Roads Authority will be held responsible for late delivery or loss of the documents so mailed.
- Evaluation is to be carried out in two stages, Qualification information first and Financial Bids of Qualified bidders next.
- Bids must be delivered by hand or by registered mail in one (1) original and four (4) copies to the address below on or before September 02, 2015. Bidders Shall Submit two envelopes “Qualification information and Bid Security” in one envelope and “Financial Bid” separately in another envelope for the project and should be sealed in an outer envelope. All bids must be accompanied by a bid security of ETB 500,000.00. Late bids shall be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the Bidder’s representatives who choose to attend at the address below atSeptember 03, 2015.
The Director General’s Office
Ethiopian Roads Authority
4th floor, Room Number 408
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Tel: 251 11 515 66 03
Fax: 251 11 551 48 66
- The Ethiopian Roads Authority will not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by Bidders in connection with the preparation or delivery of Bids and reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids.
Page 1 of 3