Inver Grove Heights Traveling Basketball Board
June 25, 2017
- Call to Order (Janna) – Janna @ 7:03
- Minutes Approval – Previous Meeting (Becky) – make corrections to who was present and who was absent, Janna approve, Brian 2nd
- Treasurer’s Report (Mikko) – official EOY total
- Registration Status (Lisa/Becky) – send out a blast email every month, possibly add evaluation summary to registration link, 6 registrations so far, Janna will contact Penny to gain access to the association Gmail account
- Summer Action Items
- Team Formations – MDB (Brian contact) – our contact was on vacation will contact again
- Pinnies (Terry) – ordering red pinnies, $9.25 a piece
- Populate bags with supplies, order balls (Terry) – terry created and handed out 2017 Basketball Equipment Inventory form and Coaches Bag checklist. Coaches will check out the bags at the coaches meeting. Some new balls need to be purchased, possibly offer the old balls at a minimal cost to players. Ice needs to be added to the first aid kits.
- Post for coaches (Brian); Terry to reach out to Travis and Michael
- Bylaws update (Janna to coordinate with Penny, get on website)
- Marketing – open houses (August), yard sticks, send reminder monthly for registration – create online flyers, Becky will create a FB group for the association once created we will share with the IGH neighbor group, reach out to Penny for yard signs and possibly order more. Have older kids sit at the tables at the open houses to talk about the Association, make trifolds for the open houses
- Job descriptions – email to Janna by the end of summer
- Summer and Fall calendar dates – add another meeting between when the teams are posted and the coaches meeting, Joe confirmed the gym for tryouts. Emails will be sent out for coaching based on our need.
- Sept 10 and 17 – Open Gyms (Joe)
- Sept 18 – Board Meeting
- Sept 24-25 – Tryouts
- Sept 28 or 29 – Team Formations Mtg
- Sept 29 – Teams posted
- Wk of Oct 2 – Coaches Meeting (Terry)
- Wk of Oct 9 – Parents Meeting (Janna)
- Week of Oct 23 – Practice begins
- Trusted Coaches – background checks and concussion training. There is an online program $35 per coach fo concussion training and a background check, 3 year membership.
- Misc. – H.S. coaches are committed to being involved, possibly run drills at open gym. Have the High School coaches at the coaches meeting and possibly the players at the practices. Print medical forms for the parents to sign at the parent meeting. Split up registration tables so it goes more smoothly.
- Next Meeting – August 13 @ 7pm
- Meeting adjourned @ 7:50 P.M.
Board Members Present- Janna Hepper, Brian Gorter, Becky Nigon, Lisa Lundquist, Mikko Niemioja, Tracy Follman, Terry Maynard, Amy Becht, Brian Thoemke, Jeff Klint
Board Members Absent – Kim Reisig, Jeff Soule, Joe Leko,