October 2017 All-Star Newsletter
Hello Everyone! Competition season has official begun this month!
PREMIER SCHOWCASE: We are so excited about the upcoming showcase in Sevierville, TN at the LeConte Center October 21st and 22nd (arrive Friday, Oct. 20th). I will be sending out the Showcase Newsletter tomorrow with schedules/details of the event. A few things now… Admission into the venue is FREE! There will be lots of Premier Gear/vendors as well as a tailgate area for those who what to watch football games in between performances. This will be located just behind the judging panel.
Senior Age group performances: We ask that all families make their way back to the venue to watch and support all the Senior age teams and performances. Many raffles, games, specialty awards, and prizes will be given away! Also, we will be announcing the Premier Scholarships (one dancer and one cheerleader from our gym will WIN!)
NEW THIS YEAR!!- All Premier teams will be in a friendly competition throughout the season called the Premier Championship Series! You will receive this info about this fun and exciting friendly competition between teams in your Showcase Itinerary on Monday!
SEPTEMBER SPECTACULAR SKILLS MONTH RAFFLE
The WINNER is……..Alyssa Whitlow with a Round off back hand spring tuck! Whoo-hoo! See Chasity Monday for your prize.
Monthly Dress Theme for October:
We will WEAR PINK for the month of October to promote breast cancer awareness!
Reminder: WEEKDAYS: (Monday- Thursday) Wear the sublimated tank, sublimated shorts, and your gray/black practice bow (getting those soon)!
WEEKENDS: Wear the black tank side, black shorts, and color team practice bow!
(Dance and tiny’s: we will rotate each month): October: Black side with pink practice bow for Sprinkles.
A few reminders:
- Open gym policy for all-stars: We encourage our athletes to come in and work on their skills outside of practice time. Therefore, we do allow our athletes to come in on their own and work as long as they are not interfering with scheduled classes, they are free to do so anytime the gym is open (please note, they will not have a coach during their open gym time )
- ALSO, A REMINDER-YOUR ATHLETE IS NOT ALLOWED ON THE TRAMPOLINE WITHOUT COACH SUPERVISION. THIS IS A SAFETY RULE! PLEASE REMIND YOUR ATHLETES. We will be making all athletes do 50 burpees effective immediately for not following this rule.
- Goal charts and icon boards are up and we are excited to help our athletes reach their team and personal goals!! Congrats to Hurricanes on winning the icon board last month.
- Trunk or Treat NIGHT: Sunday, Oct. 29th from 7:15pm-8:00pm. Wear your costumes and come trunk or treat with us! Prizes for the best costume, games and fun!
- CAP (cheer academy prep) classes began Tuesday, Sept 5th for those who may have friends interested in seeing what all-stars is all about without the year round commitment. They will perform at the Premier full out party in November.
- HYPE team (Half year prep Educational teams) will begin in November. This team/teams are an entry level teams and will compete at 2 events in late winter/early spring. The handbook can be found on our website under the downloadable forms tab. If you have friends who are interested, they can contact me or Mrs. Kim with Questions.
Fundraising: We plan to do this fundraiser again! Oct 16th-Oct. 20th! Please look for directions in your email on how to set up your account. Super easy way to make money!!!!
*Competition Schedule for CHEER and DANCE:*
- NCA Nashville: Sunday, November 19th. This event will be held at the Municipal Auditorium in downtown Nashville. This is for ALL CHEER TEAM (no dance).
- UCA Sevierville: Arrive Friday, Dec. 1st, Competition will take place Saturday, Dec. 2nd AND Sunday, Dec. 3rd. This is for our youth, Jr, and Senior teams only (no tiny or dance). The Smokey Mountain Christmas Championship will be held at:
Sevierville Convention Center
202 Gists Creek Road
Sevierville, TN 37876
There is no specific room block for this event. You may book wherever. I suggest booking soon as this is during the busy season in Sevierville.
Athletic Championships in Chattanooga (Arrive Friday, Jan. 12th- Competition is Saturday, January 13th and Sunday, January 14th). This is for Youth, Jr., Senior teams AND DANCE teams! (no tiny’s). This event is held at the Chattanooga Convention center.
Once again, this competition AND the One Up Atlanta are requiring us to reserve a room block because these events are in jeopardy of losing their dates at the convention center so they are needing to provide records of families brought to the city for the event. So sorry for an inconvenience this may have caused… This is a new rule and was not brought to our attention until late September. Thanks in advance for understanding.
I have requested rooms at the following hotels to help people who are wanting both close proximity and cheap rates. (Still waiting on a room block confirmation). I will send it out ASAP.
*Holiday Inn and Suites
*Marriott Chattanooga Downtown (connected)
*Courtyard by Marriott/Downtown
I will let you know when those codes are available.
Event is held at:
Chattanooga Convention Center
1150 Carter Street
Chattanooga, TN 37401
Jambash Nashville: Saturday, Feb. 3rd at Municipal Auditorium. ALL CHEER AND DANCE TEAMS!
One Up Nashville: Saturday, March 24th at Municipal Auditorium. ALL Cheer teams (no dance).
One Up Atlanta: DATE CHANGE*** Now this event will be held April 14th AND April 15th (arrive April 13th).(This change was in last month’s newsletter, this is just a reminder). This event is for Youth, Jr.,Senior teams AND DANCE. This event is held at the Georgia World Congress Center.
The room block for the Omni is:
I also sent a request to have a block of rooms at the following hotels as well:
*Courtyard by Marriot Atlanta Downtown
*Atlanta Marriott Suites Midtown
*Atlanta Marquis Marriott
I will let you know when they send me those codes.
LOOKING INTO NOVEMBER: **PREMIER FULLOUT PARTY at Premier Athletics Columbia will be held on SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 26TH FROM 4:00P-6:00P. PLEASE MARK YOUR CALENDARS. It is very important we have everyone in attendance to showcase our skills for family, friends, etc.
We would like to send special shout out to our all-star of the month: Khloe Ford!
- Tumble Academy Student of the month: Whitley Bottoms
- School Squad of the month: Richland Junior High
- Little Explorer of the month: Addy