Grout ME- Building Group
SECTION 036000 - GROUT
PART 1 - GENERAL
1.1 RELATED DOCUMENTS
- Drawings and general provisions of Contract, including General and Supplementary Conditions and Division1 Specification Sections, apply to this Section.
- This Section includes grouting of base plates.
- Product Data: For each type of grout material and product indicated.
1. Include Contractor’s proposed grouting method; dry pack, flowable, and alike.
- Design Mixes: For each grout mix. Include alternate mix designs when characteristics of materials, project conditions, weather, test results, or other circumstances warrant adjustments.
1.4 QUALITY ASSURANCE
- Installer Qualifications: An experienced installer who has completed concrete Work similar in material, design, and extent to that indicated for this Project and whose work has resulted in construction with a record of successful in-service performance.
- Source Limitations: Obtain each type or class of grout material of the same brand from the same manufacturer's plant, and each admixture from the same manufacturer.
- Preinstallation Conference: Conduct conference at Project site.
1.5 DELIVERY, STORAGE, AND HANDLING
- Store cementitious materials on elevated platforms, under cover, and in a dry location. Do not use cementitious materials that have become damp.
PART 2 - PRODUCTS
- Nonmetallic, Shrinkage-Resistant Grout: Premixed, nonmetallic, noncorrosive, nonstaining grout containing selected silica sands, portland cement, shrinkage compensating agents, plasticizing and water-reducing agents, complying with ASTMC1107, of consistency suitable for application, and a 30-minute working time.
- Grout shall attain a compressive strength of 5000 psi at 28 days.
- Products: Unless otherwise directed by the Owner, provide products by one of the following:
- 1107 Advantage Grout; Dayton Superior
- NS Grout; Euclid Chemical Co.
- Duragrout; L&M Construction Chemicals, Inc.
- Masterflow 713; Master Builders, Inc.
- Sika Grout 212; Sika.
- Sonogrout 10K; Sonneborn
PART 3 - EXECUTION
- Before placing grout, verify bearing surfaces and locations are appropriate to receive grout.
- Do not remove wedges or shims.
- Do not proceed with installation until unsatisfactory conditions have been corrected.
- Pack grout solidly between bearing surfaces and plates so no voids remain. Finish exposed surfaces, protect installed materials, and allow to cure.
- Comply with manufacturer's instructions for proprietary grout materials.
END OF SECTION
Page 2 of 2
Revision Date: 01/21/14 Project & Bid Package
File name: 036000 GROUT