Lake Mary Preparatory School seeks a Spanish teacher for our K thru 5thgrade in Lake Mary, FL.
- Teacher promotes and nurtures the education of students by planning and tailoring courses of study. Creates a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate to the physical, social and emotional development of students. Keeps parents informed of student progress and potential concerns.
- Educates students by planning and developing course of study consistent with standards emphasizing writing mastery, problem solving, critical thinking and high-order reasoning.
- Tailors course of to accommodate differing levels of academic ability and previous achievement.
- Creates customized classroom experience by providing differentiated, small group instruction to achieve more personal teacher attention
- Develops and presents lesson plans by using a variety of techniques, including lectures, group discussions, projects, exhibits, field trips, audiovisual and library resources, computers, and the internet.
- Creates and supports a positive learning environment through selection of learning materials, development of functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and interest centers
- Consistently monitors student achievement through formal and informal assessment both summative and formative (i.e. test, quiz, learning log, etc.).
- Assists students in analyzing and improving methods and habits of study.
- Intercepts deterioration in achievement by counseling students with academic difficulties and drawing on the school resources for additional academic assistance.
- Manages student behavior in the classroom and administers discipline according to school policies.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy educational environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures and complying with school and legal regulations.
- Maintains thorough and detailed records of student progress and achievement.
- Keeps parents informed of all elements of student development including academic performance, attendance, and social acclimation via formal and informal communication methods such as parent-teacher conferences, both regularly scheduled and as-needed.
- Presents a positive role model for students that supports the mission of the school and demonstrates behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible.
- Collaborates with school staff in planning and implementing instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to school requirements.
- Provides student support services by monitoring halls, study periods, and lunchroom.
- Assumes responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned and may sponsor outside activities approved by the school
- Attends and participates in staff development programs, faculty events and meetings, and serves on staff committees as required (i.e. teacher in-service days).
- Updates job knowledge by attending faculty meetings; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; participating in professional organizations.
Demonstrates flexibility and a positive attitude toward new challenges and growth opportunities.
Knowledge of relevant technology as it relates to curriculum
Priorelementary Spanishteaching experience
Full Time position available for 2017-2018 schoolyear