Executive Committee - Maryland Swimming Inc.
November 14, 2017 at 7 PM
Loyola Blakefield High School
I. Call to Order
II. Review of the Prior Meeting Notes- June 13, 2017
III. Treasurer’s Report
- Audit: waiting for date
Action Step: Anna Summerfield and DeLaine McCleary will follow up with Jamie Cahn.
- DeLaine McCleary has three proposals and now has a company we can transition to, and it seems as if we will save some money.
Action step: DeLaine McCleary will look at reports and see how much we have paid in past and compare with proposals. Send information to Pat and Anna and they will make a decision as to the best way to proceed.
IV. Open Business
- Investment Policy
Action Step: Adopt the policy and implement it. Anna Summerfield will e-mail it to Pat Kaplan and it will be placed in our policies.
- Virtual Meetings
Action Step: Pat Kaplan will send Zoom document set-up to everyone.
- Strategic Plan
- Three out of four sections are complete and the fourth (policies and procedures) is a work in progress.
- Bylaws have been approved.
Action Step: Work will continue to be done.
- Adhoc committee
Action Step: Continuing to work.
1. Peter Leib polished the Code of Conduct.
2. Changes suggested
- Pat Kaplan will change template and add code of conduct to the rules section of the meet notice.
- Bill Kirkner and Trevor Rill will review and provide feedback. Then, we will send a clean copy to Pat Kaplan.
- Athletes Question
- Over 21 year olds taking awards at State Level Championships meets
- Athletes met on 11/12 at UMBC to discuss question.
- Athletes want college swimmers to participate in any of the A-D final heats.
- No age limit because they are provided good competition.
- SC: College swimmers should not be awarded points or given awards.
- LC: EXCEPTION: College swimmers should be able to swim and be awarded points for if they are swimming attached with a club team.
- Could the college swimmers swim in finals and put them in the system as exhibition- times count, but overall place/points does not?
- Pat Kaplan will send report out to coaches on the board and they may make comments and send to Jeff Scrivener.
- Athletes will present at January meeting and will await a vote in hopes of it becoming effective April 1, 2018.
- Review of all initiatives
Action Step: Anna Summerfield will update the online document and send to Margaret for an addition to notes.
V. New Business
Action Step: Letter with clarification about equipment will be sent to all Meet Directors.
Date and Type of Next Meeting: January 9, 2018 Full Board