ENHANCEMENTS FOR VERSION 161 RELEASE
- The AVImark Invoice window now displays the client’s SSN and/or Drivers License number (under the client name and address) for reference during check processing. The client’s SSN and/or Drivers License number will not print on the actual invoice itself. In addition, the Invoice window can now be enlarged to show more line items by dragging the bottom edge of the window downward.
- “Balance brought forward” transactions, added from running statements, can now be hidden from the “View…Show All” option when viewing a client’s accounting.
- AVImark now allows you to print estimates directly from the CID, rather than requesting to “Change” the estimate first. Use Right-click…Print on the Estimates tab for the patient in question.
- The Estimate Details window now contains a Post button that allows the user to select certain codes to be posted to the patient’s history. To post individual codes, one must highlight that code and press their Space Bar to select that code; once the codes are selected, simply choose the Post button in the bottom left corner.
- AVImark now provides for portability of medical records between AVImark hospitals. This feature allows you to export client, patient, medical history, and reminder data for existing clients and patients to either a removable media (e.g. a diskette, CD, or zip cartridge) or to an internet-based site called the AVImark “Data Safe”. With either method, your data may be encrypted such that it is unreadable except by the AVImark-provided data import feature. In addition, your information is protected by a password that is provided to you at the time the data export takes place.
When data is imported, patient records may be “merged” into the patient list for an existing client or a new client record can optionally be added. Client accounting data and medical history charges are not exported. Medical records include attached notes, vaccination data, photos, SOAP notes, and forms, but do not include More Stuff information. More Stuff records will be made available in future AVImark releases.
To export client and patient records, simply go to the client and patient that you wish to export. If you wish to export all patients for this client, it does not matter which patient is selected. Use Right-click…Export Patient(s) in the Patient section. The AVImark Data Export window will be displayed.
Select the appropriate options for the information that you would like to export and the destination of the exported data, and click Continue. When the export is complete, be sure to carefully make note of the User ID and Password values shown. An entry will appear in that client’s accounting window that states, “Patient records Exported”; an invoice can be created from the accounting that, when printed, will include the User ID and Password of the Export that was just completed.
To import client and patient records, go to the client desired and use Right-click Import Patient(s). (If you wish to import the Client as well as Patient records, it does not matter which client you select first.) The AVImark Data Import window will be displayed. Enter the User ID and Password provided during export, and choose all other appropriate options. Be careful to choose whether you wish to “Add new client record”, or to “Import patients to current client”. Click Continue and the appropriate records will be added to your database.
Your exported patient records will be retained in the AVImark Data Safe for a period of 90 days following your data import, then automatically removed.
- The AVImark Import/Export feature now supports use of e-mail to send and receive patient records. When importing data from an e-mailed export, be sure to copy the attached file into your AVImark folder on the server before requesting to import the patient records.
- AVImark allows you to associate patients with a client other than their owner (e.g. in the case of equines, their trainer). You will first need to setup the associated clients in Work with…System Tables in the Client/Patient Relations category. The information in the Code and Relationship fields in the Change Table Entry window, do not need to be anything specific, but the Client field will need to match the account number of that client. When you have all the associated clients entered in the System tables, you can now select one of these clients for a patient. Selecting an associated client for a patient is done from the Change Patient Information window. You will need to highlight a client at the bottom of the patient window and hit your space bar once to select that client.
Once this association is made, you may use Right-click…Choose in the Patient Section of the associated client and view all patients associated with this client. You may use this feature to enter medical history, from the associated client, for many patients (which are owned by different clients) at the same time (using Right-click…Choose…Treatments in the Choose Patient window). This feature may also be used to print documents for these patients by using the Print menu in the Choose Patient window.
- We have added a new Image Notation feature to AVImark. Use this feature in the Image Editor window to add textual and other notations to your photos and medical images. To add a notation, simply click the Notation tool in the lower tool bar, and then use Right-click to select which type of notation to add. Once annotation of some type has been added, click on the notation to select it, and then use Right-click to set the notation’s properties. For example, you might want to make a text notation have a certain font, or have the background of the notation transparent.
- You now have the option of printing or not printing times of day on the Patient Chart.
- A field has been added to the Patient Reminder window that shows when a reminder was last sent to this patient for the selected code.
- AVImark now allows you to attach an Excel spreadsheet file to any entry in Medical History. The name of the attached spreadsheet is entered into the “Xls” field name in the Enter Medical History window. As with forms and photos, you may double-click in the “Xls” field to choose the spreadsheet file you want to attach to the medical history entry or to actually open the associated spreadsheet in Excel if one has already been entered. This feature will allow AVImark to support additional product offerings by other vendors that produce patient care information in Excel spreadsheet form, such as Digicare BioMedical Vital signs monitors.
- When using the F2 feature to enter Medical History, you can tab over to the description field and enter, a portion of the service or item description you wish. Selecting a treatment or item from the list that is brought up at the bottom of the screen will now display the price and action codes for that service or item.
- The Medical Condition window may now be enlarged by dragging the bottom edge of the window downward.
- When creating a new Medical Condition record, the weight value now defaults to 0.00 lbs instead of the patient’s current weight.
- We allow you to specify a password to be used when emailing within AVImark. This allows you to use AVImark to send email using secured email servers. Set this value in Work with…Hospital Setup under the System tab, in the lower right hand corner where the other email values are located.
- Multiple workstations can now open the same cash drawer. This is done using the TCP/IP network protocol. If you wish to use this feature you must first verify that the TCP/IP network protocol is installed on the computers that use this cash drawer feature (contact your network administrator for assistance). Locate the computer that the cash drawer is connected to by serial cable. This computer will be designated as the “serial port server”. The “serial port server” computer should have a “fixed IP address” (contact your network administrator for assistance). You will find SERIALSERVER.ZIP in your AVImark folder; you will need to extract this zip file to your “serial port server”. The SERIALSERVER.EXE program may be copied and ran from any location on the “serial port server” computer. Next, choose Work with…Hospital Setup…System tab…Cash Drawer, check the “Use TCP/IP” option and enter the TCP/IP address of the “serial port server” computer.
- The code VI$IT that is entered into medical history when a patient is checked into either the boarding or appointment calendar can now be user defined. Go to Work With…Hospital Setup…Appointments tab; the field to change this code is located in the bottom left corner. Keep in mind that this code will only be entered into medical history when the SOAP window is used when checking a patient into boarding or appointment calendar.
- The option to have the doctor’s DEA number included on a drug label has been added. This option may be found by going to Work With…Hospital Setup…Documents tab.
- We have added the ability to use military time with AVImark. This option may be found by going to Work With…Hospital Setup…Systems tab. When you select to use the military time option, all aspects of the software that deal with time, will be converted.
- The option of having multiple Check-in documents has been added to the software. This feature is found in Hospital Setup…Documents tab; double clicking within the Check-in field, will bring up a green window that allows you to add the names of several check-in documents.
- When adding a new reservation to the Boarding Calendar, a message will prompt asking if you would like to “Add new drop-off appointment for this visit?” If you select “Yes”, the New Appointment window will open allowing you to create a new appointment for the patient to be dropped off for his boarding reservation.
- The Boarding Codes for the Facilities in the Boarding Calendar have been expanded to allow three boarding codes for each facility group. You may now add a different code for those patients who are Boarding, being Hospitalized, or the Other. This will allow the clinic to have different charges for different types of reservations. The user has the ability to select the type of reservation needed when the patient is checked into the Boarding Calendar. When a Check-in is attempted, a sub-list will appear with the options of Boarding, Hospitalization, and Other.
- AVImark now allows you to perform information searches based on patient reminder information (in addition to client and patient information, of course). For example, you may wish to find all Canines that have no reminders that are current. Reminder information may also be reported on the Information Search Report and may also be written to a merge file for export to other applications.
- The information search has been further enhanced to allow an unlimited number of alternate data values to be searched for, for any one-field type. For example, you could search for products sold during a certain period of any of 25 different categories (by listing each of the category names separated by commas). In the past, AVImark restricted these search values to a total of 50 characters in length.
- Information search now allows up to 20 search criteria fields (each) for Clients, Accounting, Patients, Medical History, and Reminders. A scroll bar is provided on the right side of the main Information Search window that can be used to bring additional rows of criteria into view. You may also drag the bottom of the Information Search window downward to display additional criteria rows.
- You may now use Information Search to find patients that have a particular Class value.
- AVImark Information Search has been enhanced to allow searching for clients based on their total number of living patients. This value may also be reported and used as a basis for report sorting.
- Held Check Deposit Dates may now be searched for in the Information Search window under the Accounting tab.
- The ability to search for text that is in a Client or Patient Alert window has been added to the Information Search under the Client and Patient tabs.
- The AVImark Follow-up List now shows whether the patient is currently checked in. This notice shows in the note area that is displayed when you select a particular entry in the list.
- AVImark now allows you to use merge words in your canned notes. Enter the merge words in your canned notes by going to Work with…System Tables…Note Glossary. Along this same line, “^” signs can be entered with your canned notes. These “^” signs should be added to your canned notes where you would want to add patient specific notes when chosen for a patient. You will be able to move easily from one “^” to another by hitting your F12 key; hitting the F12 will replace the first “^” with the cursor. You will be able to hit the F12 key to then move to the next “^” to continue adding patient specific notes.
- You may now restrict certain treatments and inventory items to patients of a certain sex. Select or enter the sex code(s) of the sexes that you wish to restrict a treatment or item to in the Change Treatment or Change Item window for the treatment or item in question. For example, if you want to restrict a Feline Spay to patients of sex “F”, enter this sex code in the Sex field in the Change Treatment window. If you want to restrict a certain treatment to any male canine, you would enter ‘MNC’ in the Sex field for that treatment.
These values are tested when the treatment or item is entered into the medical history for the patient, and an appropriate error message is shown if the treatment or item does not pass this test.
- The Whogot Report has been enhanced to allow you to sort the printed entries by client account number, last name, patient name, species, breed, sex, age, or by date. In addition, medical history notes may be printed on the report and prescription label text may be excluded from the notes printed.
- The ability to select medical history entries for an arbitrary range of dates has been added.
- You may now apply your reminder templates from a workstation computer in addition to applying them from your server. There will be a warning message when applying from a workstation that states, “Applying reminders on a workstation is not recommended, do you wish to continue?”
- Improvements have been made to the drug label feature.
You may now specify a default refill count for drug labels. This is done when drug labels are setup in the inventory maintenance section of the program.
At the time a transaction is entered with an attached drug label, you may decide whether to limit the number of refills for the particular patient you are working with. For instance, you may choose to have unlimited refills for a particular patient by un-checking “Limit the number of refills…” in the drug label window. You may choose to have zero or more refills for a patient by check-marking “Limit the number of refills…” and entering the refill count.
When viewing the drug label window, AVImark will indicate when a prescription has started.
AVImark will also indicate for a particular transaction, the current refill count.
In order to view when the prescription has been started and the current refill count, the prescription code must have an action code of “(“ that allows the refills to be controlled.
If a particular transaction indicates a refill count, and you wish to start over on the refill count, you may do so by check-marking the “Start new prescription” checkbox in the drug label window. This is useful in cases when a patient does not use all refills from previous visits.