To all the Students
Computer Science, DIMACS and Software Engineering
The School of Computer Science (RU) hereby issues a
CALL FOR INTERNSHIPS
Aimed at offering selected students the chance to spend a period abroad as an intern at Google Zurich.
To be able to apply, students need to meet the following criteria:
- Successfully completed at least 90 ECTS at the end of the term in which they are applying.
- Successfully completed the following courses: programming, data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with linear coding and use language features when necessary (e.g., data structures, branching, function-calls, and conditionals).
- Completed projects (inside or outside of school) or classes focused on Data Structures and Algorithms; experience with algorithms, using data structures to solve problems, and interpreting algorithms and contributing ideas to their development.
- Ability to manipulate code to improve system availability and latency and optimize code for stability, functionality and scalability for a segment of Google's infrastructure, service area, or within a technology domain (e.g., crawling, search, troubleshooting).
- Ability to isolate problems to a database subsystem.
Our contact at Google and RU will then assist the selected candidates in preparing for the Google Interview.
Students may apply to 1-18 ECTS during their internship; at most students can get 18 ECTS for 3 months.
Interns must work at Google full time for three months. They are free to choose the period in 2018.
BSc students must submit project or thesis work according to the normal rules and deadlines at RU.
1. fill in the application form enclosed to this call,
2. submit a CV in English
The filled application form and the accompanying CV must be emailed to . Before October 27th. RU will choose the candidates according to a common selection process. The selection results will be sent to the applicants by email.
Internship at Google Zurich
FAMILY NAME:______GIVEN NAME/S:______
DATE OF BIRTH:______BIRTHPLACE:______
GENDER: F M
PHONE NUMBER:______MOBILE PHONE:______
Is a student in:
[ ] BSc in Computer Science
[ ] BSc in Software Engineering
[ ] BSc in Discrete Math and Computer Science
[ ]MSc in Computer Science
[ ]MSc in Software Engineering
Applies for an internship
Chooses to apply for the following activities (BSc level students may tick more than one box):
[ ] Internship alone – no credits awarded at RU
[ ] Work corresponding to UROP Project (T-622-UROP) 1- 12 ECTS
[ ] Work corresponding to BSc Final Project - 12 ECTS
[ ] Work corresponding to BSc Final Project and UROP Project – 13-18 ECTS
[ ] Work corresponding to one Independent Study (T-749-INDS) – 8 ECTS
[ ] Work corresponding to two Independent Studies (T-749-INDS) - 16 ECTS
[ ] MSc Thesis work
[ ] MSc Project work
Area(s) of specific interest):
Please indicate how you believe an internship at Google would help you in your further studies and what you expect to learn from the experience: