POSITION: Bilingual Medical Case Manager
RESPONSIBLE TO: Client Services Manager
PURPOSE: To provide individualized, comprehensive case management and advocacy services to people living with HIV/AIDS.
· Provides intensive case management, based on level of need, to a caseload of assigned clients in designated region.
· Maintains ongoing, proactive contact to assess client’s physical and psychosocial status and needs through personal visits, telephone and written contacts.
· Conducts comprehensive intake and needs assessments to identify client needs, including but not limited to:
§ Access to healthcare and the client’s ability to self-manage and actively participate in healthcare
§ Adherence to medication and medical treatment
§ Short term and long term housing needs
§ Income stability including employment needs and eligibility for public benefits (SSI, SSDI, Medicaid, Medicare, etc.)
§ Mental health and substance abuse concerns using program specified assessment tools
§ Risk reduction counseling
· Provide basic support and referrals for individuals and families needing assistance with medical, social, or financial concerns.
· Develops strategies and goals through Individual Wellness Plans, in conjunction with clients, to meet identified needs. Regularly updates individual wellness plans according to program policies.
· Document client contacts and complete monthly and quarterly client reports and provide all necessary and/or requested data for required reporting.
· Collaborate with the Specialty Care Clinic and other medical/community providers to maintain a collaborative team approach in meeting client needs.
· Maintains quality and timely session documentation on all client interactions.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED: Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Public Health, Social Work, or related field. May substitute 3-5 years of experience in case management, health-related field or AIDS services in place of Bachelor’s Degree. Must have valid Colorado Driver’s License/auto insurance and reliable transportation – Quarterly travel is required.
Case Management Experience. Spanish Language Proficiency. Knowledge of HIV and related issues. Understanding of the Harm Reduction Model and Motivational Interviewing. Cultural Competency/Sensitivity. Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to work independently and constructively with our team. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office Suite.
HOW TO APPLY:
§ E-mail your cover letter and resume (subject line must be “Case Manager”) to Jenny Vargas, WestCAP Client Service Manager at:
§ All offers of employment are subject to the completion of a criminal background check.
§ Position open until May 1, 2017
§ Equal Opportunity Employer