Paver Kare® Deep Sheen WB Water Repellent Specification
Specifier Note: The information provided below is intended to guide the Architect in developing specifications for products manufactured by PROSOCO, Inc. and should not be viewed as a complete source of information about the product(s). The Architect should always refer to the Product Data Sheet and MSDS for additional recommendations and for safety information.
Specifier Note: Paragraph below is for PART 1 GENERAL, Quality Assurance.
Test a minimum 4 ft. by 4 ft. area on each type of masonry. Use the manufacturer’s application instructions. Let test area protective treatment cure before inspection. Keep test panels available for comparison throughout the protective treatment project.
Specifier Note: Paragraphs below are for PART 2 PRODUCTS, Manufacturers and Products.
Manufacturer: PROSOCO, Inc., 3741 Greenway Circle, Lawrence, KS 66046. Phone: (800) 255-4255; Fax: (785) 830-9797. E-mail:
Paver Kare® Deep Sheen WB is a durable, waterborne protective treatment that weather- and stain-proofs new or newly cleaned pavers, giving them a premium, vibrant gloss and shine. This waterborne treatment complies with all known AIM VOC regulations.
Deep Sheen WB’s glossy finish guards pavers against etching and staining from acidic and alkaline contaminants, including food, drinks, cleaning chemicals and more. Fast-drying, non-blushing and non-yellowing, Deep Sheen WB is ideal for paver installations of any size – new or old.
· Do not freeze.
· Not suitable for use around pools, fountains or showers.
FORM: Milky white liquid, low odor
SPECIFIC GRAVITY: 1.04
TOTAL SOLIDS: 36%
WT./GAL: 8.65 lbs.
FLASH POINT: >200°F (>93°C)
FREEZE POINT: 32°F (0°C)
VOC CONTENT: Complies with all known national, state and district AIM VOC regulations.
Specifier Note: Paragraphs below are for PART 3 EXECUTION, Installation.
Before applying, read “Preparation” and “Safety Information” sections in the Manufacturer’s Product Data Sheet for Paver Kare® Deep Sheen WB. Refer to the Product Data Sheet for additional information about application of Deep Sheen WB. Do not dilute or alter. Do not shake. Shaking may entrap air.
Brush or roller
1. Saturate the entire surface. Avoid excessive overlapping.
2. Carefully brush out runs and drips.
3. Reapply, if needed, to produce an even appearance over the entire surface. Allow
30-40 minutes between applications or until first coat is dry. Less material will be needed for the second coat.
1. Apply two or more thin, even coats to a total thickness of 2-4 mils wet. Let first coat dry 15 minutes or until it becomes tacky.
2. Apply two or more additional coats in the same manner to produce an even appearance. Allow 30-40 minutes dry-time between each set of applications, or until the previous application is dry.