The Hamlet Centre Trust Job Description and Person Specification
Head Office, St Leonards Road, NR1
Salary Scale: £15,295.20 pro rota. 10 hours per week with opportunities for additional hours ad-hoc.
To provide business support to the finance department 10 hours per week
(working days/hours are negotiable within Monday-Friday 9am-4pm)
Management: The post will be managed by the Finance and Central Services Manager.
Finance Assistant - Accounts Payable
- Ensure supplier invoices are received/recorded and sent to senior managers for coding and authorisation
- Enter supplier invoices onto Sage once authorised ensuring correct accounts and coding are used
- Prepare a fortnightly payment run, checking for duplicate and overdue invoices (bearing in mind payment terms)
- Check and enter invoices from purchase card transaction log at the end of each month
- Keep up to date records of contracts across the charity and support services, to get the best value for money
- Have an understanding of monthly & quarterly costs to ensure invoices are received, accruals and prepayments are highlighted, and statements of accounts are reconciled
- Follow up queries with suppliers as required
- Ensure supplier filing is kept up to date and records are complete
- Support the finance team with holiday/sickness cover
- Support with counting/checking of collection tins
- Support the work of the Finance and Central Services Manager as required in developing financial systems for The Hamlet
- Support the procurement of goods and services in liaison with managers
- Provide information as required to Managers and others to support the running of The Hamlet
• Communicate with a range of suppliers, supporters and trustees.
• To attend team meetings and be willing to contribute to other team activities as requested
• Attend training as required to meet the needs of the job
• The post holder is a representative of The Hamlet and must consider appropriate dress and conduct.
• Any other reasonable task which may be necessary from time to time.
- Administrative and IT skills (including Outlook, Word & Excel)
- Financial accounting basic knowledge/understanding
- General office experience
- The ability to organise workload and to meet deadlines
- High standard of written and spoken English
- High standard of numeracy
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and interpersonal
- Team player
- Attention to detail to ensure information is accurate
- Commitment to equal opportunities
- Experience of using databases such as SAGE
Job Holders Signature: Date:
Managers Signature: Date: