Are You an Articulate and Strategic Thinker, with Years of Experience As a Professional
ASSEMBLY COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
Are you a motivated communicator with a can-do attitude, outstanding writing and relationship building skills and exceptional attention to detail?
The Uniting Church in Australia National Assembly seeks a committed Communications Coordinator, with a background in communications, journalism or public relations, to join our small but energetic communications team. The ability to achieve results while working on several projects at once is essential.
Reporting to the Senior Communications Officer you will be responsible for the writing, editing, production and distribution of a variety of publications, documents, brochures and materials across the Uniting Church in Australia Assembly and its agencies. You will also manage the content of several websites and use your strategic thinking to develop creative approaches to communication.
You will have experience and understanding of social media and emerging online communications channels and the ability to engage audiences online. You will also have knowledge of content management systems and design applications, together with copywriting and strong English skills.
This new, national role is extremely hands on and exceptional organisational skills are an absolute must.
The Assembly is the national Council of the Uniting Church in Australia with responsibilities in matters of doctrine, worship, government and discipline. The Assembly offers employees a supportive work environment, encouraging staff to develop new skills, take on challenges and get involved in the wider organisation.
This is a permanent full-time (35 hours per week) position based in Sydney.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Tertiary or equivalent qualification in communications, journalism or public relations.
- High level writing skills, in a range of styles, across different mediums, and for diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with a wide variety of communication technologies and to develop innovative and creative approaches to communication.
- Demonstrated experience in website content management systems.
- High level organisational skills and the ability to work flexibly, independently and with initiative.
- Ability to plan and manage multiple projects concurrently and prioritise activities and deadlines.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to help build productive working relationships as part of a small team.
- Understanding of and commitment to the Uniting Church in Australia ethos and values.
- Self-starter with demonstrated initiative and ability to achieve results.
Remuneration is in the range $55,000-$65,000 plus super.
Only applications addressing the Key Selection Criteria will be considered.
Applications should be sent to:
Senior Communications Officer
Uniting Church in Australia Assembly
PO Box A2266
Sydney South 1235
For more information about the Assembly, go to: