Annie, Jr.: Hair Requirements and Reminders
March 17-19, 2016
March 14, 2016
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Show week for Annie, Jr. is upon us! This will be a very exciting, but demanding week for everyone. To help make things run as smoothly as possible, please remember to send your child to school each night with everything they need. Students should arrive in costume with their hair done (requirements outlined below) and face cream applied.
Between their costume layers, the bright lights, dance numbers, and their excitement, the students will feel some heat on the stage. Please be sure that they are well rested, fed, and hydrated before each performance. Avoid strong smells, such as perfume and sprays, and consider application of deodorant/antiperspirant.
- Only APPROVED costumes may be worn. Students are not permitted to change their costume elements without a director’s approval.
- Please remove all jewelry unless it is part of your approved costume (ie. earrings).
- Only solid white undershirts and camisoles should be worn under white button down shirts (colors and logos can easily be seen through the material under the bright lights).
- All boys and female servants/audience chorus need to have their shirts tucked in.
- Costumes will be worn home each night to be cleaned and prepared for the next performance.
Thank you for your cooperation!
Annie, Jr. Production Team
Stage Crew- Boys: NormalGirls: Pulled back
ALL MALE ACTORS: If long enough, combed back, and slicked with gel product
Servants/ Audience Corus Girls- Pulled back in a low, neat bun
Reva & Maansi ONLY- Pulled back in a low, neat pony tail
Mrs. Greer & Mrs. Pugh- Pulled back in a high, neat bun
Annette & Cecile- Pulled back in a neat bun at the top back of the head
Grace- Pulled back in an elegant, professional way; no ponytail or braids
Usherette- Pulled back in a low, neat bun
Star-to-Be- Loose, combed out and flashy
Apple Seller-Pulled back in a low pony tail
Miss Hannigan- Pulled back in a low, neat bun
Lily- Down and curled; pulled off face
All Orphans/Chorus- High pigtails or low side braids; messy; no flashy or bright ties/clips/etc.
Sandy- Tied back
Annie- High pigtails, messy