Allan Hancock College Classified-Technical
Human Resources Range 30
SYSTEMS SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Under supervision of Director, Information Technology Services, this position will support enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems, associated databases, operating systems, and related applications; make adjustments to existing programs; develop user and training documentation; provide director support for functional users; and will value and promote the mission and vision of the college.
Under minimal supervision, the incumbent will have a variety of technical responsibilities in the support of enterprise systems from user and vendor specifications. The incumbent will interface with multiple vendors and users to manage and maintain a complex set of enterprise systems and associated applications, working closely with the information technology services ERP systems administrators. The incumbent will develop user documentation in accordance with district best practices, as well as provide training as needed.
1. Support financial, human resources, payroll enterprise system and student information enterprise system.
2. Support for associated applications.
3. Performs data extractions and integrations as required.
4. Responsible for the provisioning and maintenance of the ERP user accounts and security roles.
5. Assist with necessary system and application updates and evaluate software upgrades, releases and patches to determine the impact on operational systems.
6. Coordinate with systems administrators as needed for changes and upgrades.
7. Implement and manage workflows.
8. Coordinate with functional users to develop a thorough and rigorous testing of software and database performance before new versions are put into production.
9. Work from a definition of objectives and specific input and output requirements.
10. Debug programs by preparing test data and evaluate computer output for valid results, satisfying user request.
11. Assist users of ERP systems and applications with problem investigation and resolution.
12. Assist with the preparation, documentation, and program interfaces for the submittal of State and Federal required reporting data such as MIS, National Student Loan Clearinghouse and CalGrant.
13. Support district survey application and district Microsoft access database applications.
14. Perform other related duties as required.
· Server hardware, software and Microsoft Windows Server operating systems;
· Local and wide area networks;
· Microsoft SQL relational data base management systems;
· Enterprise ERP system for Finance/HR Payroll and Student Information;
· Programming languages compatible with computer systems in use;
· General accounting, business procedures and statistical methods.
Demonstrated ability to:
· Develop and maintain operating systems, databases, and computer programs;
· Prepare documentation and user instructions;
· Assist in the development and analysis of conceptual and logical design of computer information systems;
· Communicate verbally and in writing supporting complex system descriptions;
Education and Experience:
Equivalent to a bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, information systems or a related field and three years direct experience in computer information systems programming with hardware, software, and database management systems comparable with Allan Hancock College's ERP systems or equivalent combination of college education, training and experience may be considered. Accounting and Payroll experience highly desirable; Linux operating system highly desirable; Oracle relational data base management system highly desirable
· Duties are primarily performed in an office environment, at a desk, or at a computer.
· The incumbent will experience interruptions while performing normal duties during the regular workday.
· The incumbent will have contact, in person, by email, or on the telephone, with executive, management, supervisory, academic, and classified staff and the general public.
· Work requires travel to other offices or locations to attend meetings or conduct work.
· Typically may sit for extended periods of time.
· Operates a computer.
· Communicates over the telephone, by email, and in person.
· May lift, carry, and/or move objects weighing up to 20 pounds.
A sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of staff and students and to staff and students with disabilities