AGENDA: RPL Symposium 2012 – Celebrating and Recognizing Learning
9:30 – 10:00 a.m.Registration and Informal Networking
10:00 – 10:30 a.m.*Opening and Welcome – MPLAN and Red River College
10:30 – 11:15 a.m.*Presentation #1:
Qualifications Recognition in Manitoba: The Impact of The Fair Registration Practices in Regulated Professions Act
Presenter: Ximena Munoz, Manitoba Fairness Commissioner - Office of the Manitoba Fairness Commissioner
11:15 – 11:30a.m.Questions
11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.Lunch and MPLAN AGM
1:00 – 1:30 p.m.*Presentation of the MPLAN PEARL (Pursuit of Excellence in the Assessment and Recognition of Learning) Awards
1:45 – 3:00 p.m.*Presentation #2:
An Update on RPL Practices in Post-Secondary Institutions and other
3:00 – 3:30 p.m.Networking and Refreshment Break
3:30 – 4:15 p.m.*Presentation #3:
Manitoba Resources for Recognizing Learning – A Snapshot
4:15 – 4:30 p.m.*Closing
* These presentations will be live streamed.
How to register for the RPL Symposium – Celebrating and Recognizing Learning
Review the registration options below, select one and then complete the registration process.
If you plan to attend the full-day event in person (i.e. including presentations, lunch, MPLAN AGM and PEARL Awards), please:
- Complete and submit the MPLAN Registration Form (see next page).
- Pay the RPL Symposium registration fee which includes all presentations, refreshment breaks, lunch and AGM.
- Email Carolyn Schmidt (Administrative Assistant, RPL Services - Red River College) at if you have any food allergies or dietary restrictions.
- See Red River College Parking information below.
Event fee: MPLAN Members - $35.00
Non-members - $45.00
Please note: Please register early as space is limited and expected to fill quickly.
Red River College Parking: Visitors coming to Red River College for the RPL Symposium may park in Lots 2W, 3W or 4W (Student Parking). From Notre Dame Avenue, enter at Entrance 4 (Lorimer Lane). Purchase your ticket from the ticket dispenser and display it in your vehicle ($1.50/hour or $7.00/day). You may park in any spot which is not labeled Staff Parking. Use the entrance between Buildings E and F and go down to the Mall level (lowest level) to the eTV Studio (GM33).
If you are RRC faculty or staff and plan to drop in during the day (i.e. to view resources or attend only one or two presentations), and will not be participating in the lunch and MPLAN AGM, please:
- Email Carolyn Schmidt (Administrative Assistant, RPL Services - Red River College) at and indicate that you will be attending a presentation(s). Carolyn can assist you if you need any other information prior to the Symposium. Please register early as space is limited and expected to fill quickly.
If you plan to view any of the presentations via live stream access on your computer, please:
- Email Carolyn Schmidt (RPL Assistant, RPL Services - Red River College) at and indicate that you wish to access one or more of the RPL Symposium presentations via live stream (see presentation times noted on the Agenda). Please note: the MPLAN AGM will not be live streamed.
- You will receive information about how to log on to access the live streaming video presentations for the May 29 RPL Symposium and how to test your online access in advance.
MPLAN REGISTRATION FORM
RPL Symposium 2012 – Celebrating and Recognizing Learning
Location: Red River College – Notre Dame Campus
eTV Studio B (Bldg/Room GM33)
2055 Notre Dame Avenue, Winnipeg, MB
Symposium Fee: Members: $35.00 Non-Members: $45.00
Date: Tuesday, May 29, 2012
Organizers: MPLAN Program Planning Committee and RRC RPL Services
c/o Rae-Lynn Rempel (204-989-6511) or
Please send this completed registration by email to by Wednesday, May 23, 2012 – one form per participant please. Space is limited. Registrations will be processed by the date on which they have been received.
Address: City: Prov.: Postal Code:
I would like to be added to MPLAN’s mailing list.
PAYMENT: MPLAN Member ($35.00) or Non-Member ($45.00)
Payment type: Cash Cheque
Cash/cheque payments are to be submitted at the door.
For an invoice or fax, please contact Rae-Lynn Rempel, 204-989-6511 or
2012 MPLAN MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL (Optional)
Organizational ($120.00/year), Please specify:
The signature below indicates my permission for MPLAN (Manitoba Prior Learning Assessment Network) to use photos taken during the official events for website program files, media releases – newsletter, conference, educational and informational presentations. By signing this form you are acknowledging that you understand that you will be consulted about the use of the photo(s) for any purpose, other than those listed above and that there is no time-limit on the validity of this release nor is there any geographic specification of where these materials may be distributed.
Signature of ParticipantDate