ACCESSING THE VICTORIAN ELECTORAL COMMISSION ACCESSIBILITY
160-166 Maroondah Highway Ringwood.
Within a shopping strip adjacent to Harvey Norman. Access is via a service road on the south side of Maroondah Highway.
Access by car
For driving directions, go to and enter the relevant addresses.
There is one hour parking in the service road. A disabled parking bay is directly in front of the building.
Nearest railway station
Ringwood railway station, which is the junction station for the Lilydale and Belgrave lines.
‘On foot’ from Ringwood railway station
People unfamiliar with the area are advised to travel by bus 670 or taxi to access 160-166 Maroondah Hwy. The walking route involves crossing a complex intersection and a section with no made footpath. Directions are below.
- Exit station and turn right along Railway Place. Turn right into Maroondah Highway. Cross Bedford Road at the intersection of Bedford Road and Maroondah Highway. (The first section of this crossing is a slip road with an uncontrolled zebra crossing).
- Complete the crossing of Bedford Road at the audio tactile pedestrian traffic signals.
- Continue walking north east along Maroondah Highway for approximately 300 metres. Turn right at the entrance to the service road, which accesses the shopping strip.
Note: There is no footpath at this point. Cross the car parking area to find the footpath adjacent to the buildings, then turn left to locate automatic entrance doors at 160-166 Maroondah Hwy. There are blue bollards on the roadside of the footpath directly in front of the building.
Public transport options
There are several public transport options to travel to the centre at 160-166 Maroondah Highway Ringwood, which can be planned on Journey Planner, http://ptv.vic.gov.au or phone 1800 800 007. Some options are set out below.
Bus from Ringwood railway station
- Exit station, cross bus bay area at zebra crossing, turn right to locate bus bay 6.
- Take Bus 670 (to Lilydale). Journey time approximately 3 minutes. Disembark at stop Larissa Avenue and Maroondah Highway (north side). Then follow walking route 2 (as detailed above)..
Ringwood railway station – Bus route information:
- Bus 271 – Box Hill
- Bus 364 – Warrandyte
- Bus 370 – Mitcham
- Bus 380 – Ringwood/Croydon loop
- Bus 679 – Chirnside Park SC
- Bus 901 – Frankston
- Bus 901 – Melbourne Airport
(For timetable information see Journey Planner, http://ptv.vic.gov.au or phone 1800 800 007).
Bus from Lilydale or Ringwood
The 670 Ringwood/Lilydale bus stops nearby.
From Lilydale: Disembark at stop Larissa Avenue and Maroondah Highway (south side). Turn right (west) and follow footpath along Maroondah Highway for about 70 metres. Turn left and continue on service road footpath for approximately 10 metres to locate automatic opening entrance doors at 160-166 Maroondah Highway. There are blue bollards located on the road side of the footpath directly in front of the building.
From Ringwood: Disembark at stop Larissa Avenue and Maroondah Highway (north side). Turn left (west) to walk approximately 30 metres to locate the audio tactile traffic light controlled crossing. (Directional tactile tiles across the footpath lead to the crossing). After crossing Maroondah Highway, turn right and continue to follow the footpath on the south side of Maroondah Highway.. Pass the 670 bus stop (directional tactile tiles across footpath). After approximately 70 metres, turn left and continue on the service road footpath for approximately10 metres to locate automatic opening entrance doors at 160-166 Maroondah Highway. There are blue bollards located on the road side of the footpath directly in front of the building.
Ringwood railway station taxi rank
Exit station, cross bus bay area at the zebra crossing. Taxi rank is located in front of station/bus bay on Maroondah Hwy (south side). Note: This is the temporary location of the taxi rank whilst major construction work takes place in this area. Please confirm location of taxi rank with station customer service staff on day of travel.
Vision Australia Orientation & Mobility