2st International Piano Competition for Pianists – Boys
Pardaugavas Music and Art School in cooperation with Latvian Piano Teachers’ Association organizes the 2st International Competition for boys – students of the education program of music schools „Piano Playing”, in Riga, December 5th, 2013.
Goals and Tasks of the Competition
- Promote boys’ interest in learning to play the piano.
- Discover and support young performers.
- Improve the growth of young musicians’ professional skills.
- Encourage the exchange of experience between the teachers and students of Latvian and foreign music schools.
Competition Time and Place
Competition will be held on December 5th, 2013 at 10:00 am at the Big Hall of Pardaugavas Music and Art School, Riga, Graudu Street 59.
Participants of the competition are boys - students of the education program of music schools „Piano Playing”, divided in four age groups:
- Group A - 6 – 8 years (including);
- Group B - 9 – 10 years (including);
- Group C - 11 – 12 years (including);
- Group D - 13 – 15 years (including).
Not more than two participants from each music school can participate in each age group. The date for fixing the participants’ age is December 5th, 2013.
Participants Must Perform
- Freely chosen composition written until 18th century (including);
- Freely chosen (but of a different character) composition written in 19th, 20th or 21st century;
- Composition of the country participant represents.
The compositions included in the program must be performed by memory.
- Group A - up to 7 minutes;
- Group B - up to 8 minutes;
- Group C - up to 10 minutes;
- Group D - up to 15 minutes.
Applications can be submitted electronically or by fax. Application form can be found in the attachment.
Application must be submitted until November 4th, 2013. The performing schedule for each group will be adjusted after receiving applications.
Participants’ registration for the competition happens in the day of competition starting from 9:00 am.
Pardaugavas Music and Art School provides rehearsal space on December 4th, which must be reserved in advance by phone: +371 26861736.
Participation fee is 10 Ls for each contestant. It must be paid until November 4th, 2013 by transfer. Following details:
Pardaugavas Music and Art School,
Kr. Valdemara Street 5, Riga, LV-1010
VAT Reg. Nr. LV90000013606
Nordea Bank Finland PLC, code NDEALV 2X
In the payment order clearly indicate the name, surname, identity number of the participant and the details of the payment – participation in the competition.
During the registration the payment order which confirms the payment for the participation in the competition has to be presented as well as the copy of the birth certificate.
The refusals of participation in the competition are accepted until November 20th, 2013. Refusals received after November 20th will not be reimbursed.
Changes in the program are accepted until November 20th, 2013.
Competition is open; all the people interested in the competition are allowed to listen.
Competition has one stage.
Participants perform in groups starting from the youngest group in the alphabetical order. Information of the competition schedule will be published in the homepage and sent by e-mail.
Evaluation and Awards
Participants are evaluated by the Jury accepted by the director of Pardaugavas Music and Art School. The Jury is lead by the Head of the Jury.
The Jury will award the winners from the 1st until 3rd place in each group. Participants are awarded with diplomas. The Jury grants the places using its own judgement.
Participants of the competition are evaluated in the system of 25 points using the following criteria:
- The adequacy of the repertoire to the rules of the competition;
- The brightness of the composition’s image;
- The adequacy of the composition’s complexity to the group;
- The level of technical performance;
- The culture of performance.
The members of the Jury do not evaluate their students.
The decision of the Jury is definitive and is not questioned.
The coordinator of the competition
Pardaugavas Music and Art School
Director’s Deputy in the Educative Work
Phone/ Fax +371 67622137, Mobile +371 26861736