2006 Wheeling Vintage Raceboat Regatta Registration Form
Home Phone:______Cell phone:______
Year Built:______Original Builder:______Length:______
Year Restored:______Restored By:______
Please complete a separate registration form for each boat.
Registration Fee $75.00 each boat if postmarked by August 1, 2006
Late Registration Fee $100.00 each boat postmarked after August 1, 2006
Number of boats:______X $75.00 = $______
Number of boats:______X $100.00 = $______
TOTAL ENCLOSED: $______
Make checks payable to Wheeling Vintage Raceboat Regatta.
Mail check and registration form to
Wheeling Vintage Raceboat Regatta, ATTN: Debbie Joseph
1 Hawthorne Court, Wheeling, WV26003
For further information contact Debbie Joseph at 304-233-4738 or
My signature below indicates that I, for myself, my executors, administrators and assigns do hereby release and discharge Wheeling Vintage Raceboat Regatta, Wheeling Vintage Raceboat Association, and any affiliates, their respective employees, directors, officers, representatives and all persons involved in the sponsorship or conduct of the Wheeling Vintage Raceboat Regatta from all claims, demands, or causes of action or loss, cost of injury, or damage whatsoever arising from or out of the participation in this event.
2006 Wheeling Vintage Raceboat Regatta Program
We are working very hard to produce a GREAT program for the Regatta. Hydroplane racing has never visited the Ohio River in WheelingWV and we would like for the people who reside in our corner of the OhioValley to know about you and your boat! Please provide as much information as possible below to use in this publication. Feel free to use as many added sheets of paper as necessary, and submit these with your entry form or to before August 1. Our program won’t be as great without your participation! Some questions you might want to answer in your descriptions might be:
Who was the original owner of your boat?…What (if any) racing history does it have?…What awards did it win?…Did it ever run at the New Martinsville Regatta (just 40 miles south of Wheeling) or the Steubenville OH Regatta (30 miles north of Wheeling)?… Is your boat a replica (“in the spirit of vintage”)?…Who were other owners or drivers of your boat?… How and where did you acquire it?… Where did you find it?…What kind of shape was it in when you bought it?… How long did the restoration take?…Did you participate in any aspect of the restoration?…Did you get to meet any of the previous owners/drivers?… Are there any interesting stories about your boat, either before or since you’ve had it?…Were you a raceboat driver before getting started in vintage?…How did you get involved in vintage?
We will also use a photo of your choice in this program. Please email your boat’s photo to Debbie Joseph at as soon as possible, but definitely before August 1.
2006 Wheeling Vintage Raceboat Regatta
- Registration begins at 8:00 AM on Saturday September 2 in the Heritage Port Amphitheater.
- Directions to the Heritage Port/pits for participants: Interstate 70 (east or westbound) to Exit 1A (Downtown Wheeling and Rt. 2 South). Go south on Rt. 2 approximately 1/3 mile and watch for sign on right to enter pit area and registration. On Sunday, you will need to display a parking pass that you will receive at registration in order to enter this area.
- All participants are requested to have their boats registered and in the pits by 3:00 PM Saturday.
- Limited parking will be available adjacent to the Heritage Port Amphitheater. One vehicle in this area per boat, please. Other parking will be available a short walk from the pits.
- A Meet and Greet for the public will be held from 3:00 PM till 5:00 PM on Saturday in the pits; all drivers/owners are requested to be at their boats during this time.
- Dinner/social hour will begin in the pits at 6:00 PM for owners/drivers/crew and sponsors.
- A outdoor widescreen public viewing of the movie “Madison” will be held in the Heritage Port Ampitheater at 9:00 PM Saturday.
- The pit area will be guarded on Saturday night September 2 and Sunday night September 3.
- MANDATORY driver’s meeting at 8:30 AM Sunday September 3 in the pits. Heats will run through the day on Sunday.
- Vendors will be available on Sunday in the Heritage Port Amphitheatre area.
- Following the heats on Sunday, everyone is invited to meet at TJ’s Sports Garden Restaurant, directly across from the Wheeling Hampton Inn, our host hotel.
- A block of rooms is being held at the Hampton Inn at the reduced rate of $94.00. Please call the hotel directly before August 1 to reserve your rooms: 304-233-0440. For other lodging in the Wheeling area, please go to .
- Please plan to leave your boat in the pits on Saturday and Sunday nights as parking at the Hampton Inn and most area hotels/motels will be difficult if not impossible.
- APBA Safety Inspections will be held on every registered boat in accordance with the 2005 Vintage and Historic Bylaws. Please come prepared with safety gear that is also in accordance with the Bylaws. If these conditions are not met, you will stay in the pits— NO EXCEPTIONS. Safety will be the primary concern at the Wheeling Vintage Raceboat Regatta. If your actions are viewed as being unsafe for any reason by the Referee, Driver’s Representative or the Safety Crew, your boat will stay in the pits for the remainder of the day—NO EXCEPTIONS.
- For more information about the regatta, please go to .
and . The City of Wheeling has many family oriented activities available: go to .