DOUGLAS J. DURKIN
2 Owen Place / Prospect Heights, Illinois, 60070
· Fifteen years of sales acumen and success. Consistently exceeding quotas.
· Directed and implanted new product launches with highest profit margins.
· Managed sales teams, national dealer and manufacturer rep groups.
2/10 to Present: Multimedia Sales & Marketing
Radio Advertising Sales
· New Rep of the year
· Account sales
· Ad copy and script writing
5/01 to Present: Life Insurance Producer, Prospect Heights, Illinois
Independent Broker Agent
· Life Insurance, Annuity & Retirement Plan sales
· Over 1.5 million in premiums
2/99 to 12/01: Patrick O’Day & Associates, Northfield, Illinois
· Sign new clients
· Prepare arguments and organizing litigation for trails.
· Land and zoning trial preparations.
10/97 to 1/99: Durkin Associates, Wheeling, Illinois
· Directed companies new product launches.
· Implemented production cost reduction programs.
· Attendance of: NOMDA, NOPA, COMDEX conventions.
· Annual sales $675,000.00.
· Ibico developmental contract
12/91 to 10/97: Ibico Inc., Elk Grove, Illinois
Manufacturer of document binding and finishing systems.
Market Development Manager
· Increased dealer sales from $1.5 million to $7.6 million by restructuring network.
· Increased manufacturer rep sales 319% through marketing and sales incentives.
· Created private label program, realized $2.1 million in annual sales.
· Developed and launched new products, accounting for $3.5 million in sales annually.
Douglas J. Durkin, continued
page 2 of 2------
2/89 to 12/91: Plastics Unlimited Inc., Wauwatosa, Wisconsin Manufacturer of binding and laminating systems. Ibico dealer.
District Sales Manager
Responsible for sales in Iowa, Illinois and Indiana.
Increased monthly sales from $7,500.00 to $31,000.00 monthly
2/86 to 2/89: Bind-It Corporation, Chicago, Illinois
Manufacturer of document finishing systems.
· Increased territory sales to $25,000.00 from $9,000.00.
· Trained new representatives.
· Organized and set-up exhibits for regional trade shows.
Business, The University of Kansas, 1980
Reading, World History, Softball, and Basketball.
Professional and personal references available upon request.