Security Printing Press,
Mint Compound, Saifabad, Hyderabad -500063
1) Particulars of its organization, functions and duties
Security Printing Press (SPP) Hyderabad was established in the year 1982 primarily to cater to the needs of the nation by meeting the requirement of postal stationery for the Departments of Posts, Ministry of Communication and Information Technology. New Delhi. Subsequently, the Press has taken over development and printing of Non Judicial Stamp Papers, Court Fees Stamps, Excise seals etc. for State and Central government.
The objective of SPP is to design, develop, print and supply security documents by incorporating latest security features for the national and international customers.
Security Printing Press, Hyderabad is equipped with modern high speed printing machinery for producing high value security document with security features like specialized numbering, perforations, UV-print technology, and high end security software for pre-press activities. Its capability also includes printing of multi-color items such as Meghdoot Post cards, advertisements on Envelopes, Inland letters and postal items. Other Commemorative postage stamps, central excise stamps, Non-judicial stamps, Court fee stamps, Indian Postal Order, MICR & Non-MICR Cheques, saving instruments, State ware housing receipts.
2) The power and duties of its officers and employees.
The power & duties of the officers have been clearly defined by the Management. The officers are expected to exercise their powers & fulfill their duties in a diligent, effective and efficient manner. The power and duties of the officers & employees of SPP, Hyderabad is as follows:S.No / Name / Designation / Power/Duties
1 / Shri R.Haripanth / General Manager / Over all IN-charge, Head of the Unit & Appellate Authority for RTI
2 / Shri V.P. Kamalaskar / Chief Manager(Tech.) / Factory Manager, In-charge of Production, Maintenance
3 / Shri N.Sidhan / Deputy Manager(HR) / Head of H.R Division, Head of Office & PIO
4 / Shri D.C. Raghav / DWM, I/c CCO / Head of Control Department
5 / Shri N. Srinivasa Rao / DM(Tech.Oprs)-I / Overall In-charge of Production, Time Office & Stores
6 / Surendra Kumar Senapati / DM(F&A) / Head of Finance Department
7 / Shri Ahmed Pasha / DM(Tech.Oprs)-II / Head of Maintenance section.
8 / Shri P.V.S. Vara Prasad / DM(Tech.Oprs) / In-charge Purchase, Procurement & Tendering Activities, M.R. for I.S.O.
9 / Shri Menarigani Subash / DM(Tech.Oprs.) / Maintenance Mechanical, Civil, Sanitary, Canteen, Dy.M.R. for I.S.O.
10 / Smt. Anusatya Durga Hima Bindu Tentu / Asst.Manager(IT) / Information Technology Department
11 / Smt. Anitha Valavala / Officer(F&A)- I / Finance Department
12 / Shri Nilanjan Mukherjee / Officer (Marketing) / Marketing and coordination for purchase activities.
13 / Shri K.Gowrinath / Officer(HR) / H.R. Department & APIO, I/c Official language, Welfare Officer
14 / Shri P.S.P. Rao / Officer(Tech.) / Printing Department
15 / Shri D.Sambasiva Rao / Officer(F&A)-II / Establishment and Payroll, Medical Bills
16 / Shri Imtiyaz Khan / Officer (Material) / Control division activities
17 / Shri Rajasekhar / Officer(Tech.) / Control Department
18 / Smt. Saritha Sharma / Officer(F&A)-III / Costing, EPF/GPF
19 / Shri S.P. Gandam / Sr. Vigilance Officer / Vigilance Department – Unit In-charge
20 / Shri U.S. Ray / Intelligence Officer(IB) / In-Charge Intelligence
3) The procedure followed in the decision making process, including channels of supervision and accountability
At the unit level, the decision making cascades from Unit Head – GM to the functional heads. The Company has well defined the decision making process. Generally, the proposals requiring decision is initiated at the appropriate executive level depending upon the authority & responsibility assigned. The final decision is taken by the Unit GM.
In some cases the proposals are to be sent to Head Office for final approval of the CMD, Board of Directors and concerned Committees depending upon the merit of the case.
4) The norms set by it for the discharge of its functions
The Company is the commercial organization; the norms are set by the Board within the guidelines of the Govt. of India from time to time.
The Company has well defined procedures and guidelines for smooth operations and its Executive discharge their respective functions within the norms set through:
- Delegation of Powers issued to the Chairman & Managing Director, Functional Directors and to the Executives of the Company at various levels. The exercise of powers should not infringe upon different provisions of the Company Act, Govt. Guidelines and any other statutory/regulatory requirement. The delegation of powers is subject to observance of Memorandum of Association, Articles of Association, relevant policies, guidelines and administrative instructions of the Company.
- Policies and Guidelines issued by the Company
- Manuals/Instructions – The Company has procedural Manuals covering all important activities viz. Personnel Manual, Accounts Manual, Internal Audit Manual and Material procurement manual
- Guidelines of Department of Public Enterprise
- Guidelines of Chief Vigilance Commission
- Listing Requirement
- Compliance with provisions of Statutes, etc.
5) The rules, regulations, instructions, manuals and records held by it or under its control or used by its employees for discharging its functions.
SPMCIL as Public Enterprise has come a long way within a short span in successfully putting vibrant HR Policies and Practices at place. It has been our thrust in SPMCIL as a Corporatized entity to have uniform HR Policies and Practices across the Company
- Recruitment Policy
- Performance Management System
- Promotion Policy of Executives (To be notified)
- Promotional Policy of Non-Executives (Under consultation)
- Rotational Transfer Guidelines
- Training and Development
- Succession Plan
Purchase & Finance Policies
- Purchase/Contract Procedure
- General Financial Rules
- Accounts Manual
- Accounting Policies
Compensation and Benefits
- Pay – Scales
- Dearness Allowance
- House Rent Allowance
- Night Duty Allowance
- Special Allowance
- Overtime Payment
- Incentive Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
Perks and Facilities
- Cafeteria Plan
- Transport Allowance
- Children Education Allowance
- Leave Travel Concession
- Telephone Policy – 2010
- SPMCIL TA/DA Rules – 2010
- SPMCIL Leave Rules – 2012
Loans and Advances
- House Building Advance
- Motor Vehicle Advance
- Computer Advance
- Festival Advance
Industrial Relations – policies
- SPMCIL Apex Level Bipartite Forum
- Unit Specific Consultation
- Grievance Redressal Mechanism
- Interaction with SC/ST Employees
- Participative Management
(i) Works Committee
(ii) Quality Circles
Conduct and Discipline
- General Provision of Discipline
- SPMCIL Conduct, Discipline and Appeal Rules – 2010
- Factories Act
- Contract Labour Act
- ESIC Act
- Employees Compensation Act
- Industrial Dispute Act
- RTI Act
- SPMCIL Trusts
(i) EPF Trust, 1952
(ii) GPF Trust, 1925
(iii) Pension Trust Under 37A
- LIC Insurance Coverage
- Pension Under EPS Scheme 1995
- Payment of Gratuity
- SPMCIL Employees Benevolent Fund (To be notified)
- SPMCIL Medical Policy – 2012
- Scheme of payment of Lump sum Compensation in lieu of Compassionate Appointment
- SPMCIL Compassionate Appointment Scheme – 2012
- SPMCIL Employees Suggestion Scheme
- Small Family Norms
- Scheme for Acquiring Higher Education
Connecting with Employees – Policies
- Mentoring and Coaching
- Sporting Events
- Cultural Programmes
- Annual Day Celebrations
6) A statement of the categories of documents that are held by it or under its control.
The various categories of documents that are being held by the Company or under its control are given below
- Memorandum & Articles of Association of the Company
- Books of Accounts maintained by the Company
- Annual Returns and Statutory registers under the Company Act, 1956
- Annual Report of the Company
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Ministry of Finance, Department of Economic Affairs, Govt. of India.
7) The particulars of any arrangement that exists for consultation with, or representation by, the members of the public in relation to the formulation of its policy or implementation thereof
Being a Public Enterprise, Security Printing Press, Hyderabad, does not have any arrangement for consultation, or representation by, the members of the public or implementation thereof. However, all its policies are formulated in compliance with provisions of applicable statutes, regulations, guidelines etc.
8) A statement of the boards, councils, committees
9) A directory of its officers and employeesS.No / Name / Designation / Phone Nos.
1 / Shri R.Haripanth / General Manager / 040 – 23253601/602
2 / Shri V.P. Kamalaskar / Chief Manager(Tech.) / 040 – 23253603
3 / Shri N.Sidhan / Deputy Manager(HR) / 040 – 23253604
4 / Shri D.C. Raghav / DWM, I/c CCO / 040 – 23253655
5 / Shri N. Srinivasa Rao / DM(Tech.Oprs.) / 040 – 23253605
6 / Surendra Kumar Senapati / DM(F&A) / 040 – 23253609
7 / Shri Ahmed Pasha / DM(Tech.Oprs) / 040 – 23253626
8 / Shri P.V.S. Vara Prasad / DM(Tech.Oprs) / 040 – 23253628
9 / Shri Menarigani Subash / DM(Tech.Oprs) / 040 – 23253658
10 / Smt. Anusatya Durga Hima Bindu Tentu / Asst.Manager(IT) / 040 – 23253610
11 / Smt. Anitha Valavala / Officer(F&A)- I / 040 – 23253672
12 / Shri Nilanjan Mukherjee / Officer (Marketing) / 040 – 23253621
13 / Shri K.Gowrinath / Officer(HR) / 040 – 23253606
14 / Shri P.S.P. Rao / Officer(Tech.) / 040 – 23253627
15 / Shri D.Sambasiva Rao / Officer(F&A)-III / 040 – 23253622
16 / Shri Imtiyaz Khan / Officer (Material) / 040 – 23253653
17 / Shri Rajasekhar / Officer(Tech.) / 040 – 23253664
18 / Smt. Saritha Sharma / Officer(F&A)-IV / 040 – 23253659
19 / Shri S.P. Gandam / Sr. Vigilance Officer / 040 – 23253629
20 / Shri U.S. Ray / Intelligence Officer(IB) / 040 – 23253613
10) The monthly remuneration received by each of its officers and employee
Level, Pay Scale & Designation of EmployeesLevel / Designation / Pay Scales (CDA) / Corresponding IDA Pay Scale
Revised / Grade Pay
E8 / General Manager / 37400-67000 / 10000 / 51300-73000
E7 / Senior Deputy General Manager / 43200-66000
E6 / Deputy General Manager / 36600-62000
E5 / Chief Manager / 32900-58000
E4 / Manager / 15600-39100 / 7600 / 29100-54500
E3 / Deputy Manager / 15600-39100 / 6600 / 24900-50500
E2 / Assistant Manager / 15600-39100 / 5400 / 20600-46500
E1 (Induction Level) / Officer (Technical/Operation/Production/Safety/Purchase/Marketing/Finance/HR/IT / 9300-34800 / 4800 / 16400-40500
S2 / Senior Supervisor / 9300-34800 / 4600 / Shall be decided at par with Public Sector Undertaking
S1 / Supervisor (Technical/Operation/Production/Maintenance/Safety/Purchase/Marketing/Finance/HR/IT etc. / 9300-34800 / 4200
W5 / Senior Technician/Senior Data Entry Operator / 5200-20200 / 2800 / Changeover to IDA pattern of Pay Scale in consultation with the Unions
W4 / Technician/Data Entry Operator etc. / 5200-20200 / 2400
W3 / Jr. Technician / Jr. Data Entry Operator etc. / 5200-20200 / 2000
W2 / Sr. Machine Assistant / 5200-20200 / 2400
W1 / Jr. Machine Assistant / 5200-20200 / 1900
Company is under obligation to changeover to IDA pattern of Pay Scales as mentioned in last column of the table
11) The budget allocated to each of its agencies
The allocations are made for the particular period with in the provisions of the yearly budget allocations.
12) The manner of execution of subsidy programme
The Company provides subsidy for welfare of its employees in the following areas and its dispensation is monitored by the concerned officers as given below-
a) Provision of subsidized canteen facility for the Industrial workmen.
b) Provision of medical cover for officers & Industrial workmen
13) Particular of receipts of concessions, permits or authorizations.
14) Details in respect of information, available to or held by it, reduced by it in the electronic form.
Information’s related to the Company’s profile, business, quarterly financial performance; Annual Report is held by the Company in the electronic form and is available on the website of the Company.
15) The particulars of the facilities available to the citizens for obtaining information’s.
Any citizens of India, who desires to obtain any information under the Right to Information 2005, may make a request preferably in the prescribed application format in writing to the Public Information Officer/Asst. Public Information Officer. Please find below the format in which the application is to be made. The company does not maintain any library for public use.
16) The names, designations and other particulars of the Public information Officers.
Appellate Authority – Shri R.Haripanth - General Manager - 040-23253601/602
Public Information Officer – Shri. N.Sidhan, Deputy Manager(HR) - 040-23253604
Assistant Public Information Officer – Shri. K. Gowrinath - Officer (HR) - 040-23253606
17) Such other information’s as may be prescribed
A) Procedure for seeking Information under the Act
Individuals seeking any information under the Act about the Company may apply in the prescribed format available with the Public Information Officer. An appeal may be made to the appellate authority in case the individual seeking information is rejected within 30 days from the date of receipt of the decision.
Format of application form under the Right to Information Act 2005.
(To be accompanied with the DD/Postal Order of Rs. 10/- drawn in favour of PIO, Security Printing Press payable at Hyderabad.
The Public Information Officer,
Security Printing Press,
i) Full Name of the Applicant: Mr/Mrs/Ms.
iii) Details of Information required (should be specific and clear but not in general terms)
iv) The period to which the information relates
v) Whether the information is required by post or in electronic form.
vi) In case of electronic form, provide the e-mail ID and / or Fax Nos.
vii) Purpose for which the information is required
viii) Whether the applicant is the citizen of India
ix) Details of DD/Postal Order enclosed
Signature of the Applicant